Crazy Kelly Prices

OK - the latest prices I recall (early summer 06):

Chevre de Cor., souple, 32 Kelly with Pd $6200
Chevre de Cor., rigide, 25 Kelly with Pd $6400
Clemence, souple, 32 Kelly with gold $5900

These prices seem more reasonable than what I have been seeing. Thank you Frenchiefan for making me feel a tad better, but that was months ago. Hee hee.

Hey, did you read the thread "Roll Call"....you seemed to have been missed!:yes:

whoa, wait a minute. i know that rigide is more then souple, but enough so that a 25 kelly in the exact same leather with the same hardware is MORE then a 32 kelly???

These prices seem more reasonable than what I have been seeing. Thank you Frenchiefan for making me feel a tad better, but that was months ago. Hee hee.

Hey, did you read the thread "Roll Call"....you seemed to have been missed!:yes:

Thanks KB! I've missed tPF too! :smile:

I wonder if all the prices increased after August (the "slow month" when the craftsmen have off). Seems September brought about the new prices.

I posted this on the Inventory thread but thought it might be helpful here.
Hemes Waikiki has-
28 kelly togo in gold with potiron pipping and lining PH $5750
32 clemence in etaupe with PH $5900
and this is yesterdays price.

Thanks HH. I can't tell much from my screen; on it the photo is quite small. I can't tell for sure what leather it is, but it's definitely retourne.

I was just wondering, though: wouldn't the curved edges of the retourne kelly present more chances for damage to the scales with wear? That was why I thought all croc kellys might be made as sellier. But I may be completely wrong.