Crazy Ebay Buyer Issue...

Jun 7, 2008
I've ran into my share of weird buyers over the years, but this one really takes the cake!

She messaged me asking me if I could knock the price down on an item I was selling. I agreed and then she messaged me again to further reduce the price to which I declined since I already reduced it. Then she starts asking a million questions about the item. Everything is described accurately in the listing. Then she negotiated her own price and said that she would click buy it now and that I could reimburse her the difference. Um....no?!

She seemed really picky and I did not want her to mess up my feedback score or star rating. I blocked her from purchasing the item and sent her a polite message. I told her that she has now made me uncomfortable with the sale and I no longer wish to complete the transaction.

I must also mention that I looked at items she was selling and some of them were exactly similar to mine. She even copied my descriptions!

I woke up this morning and she has flooded my inbox basically saying how she is in tears and she can't believe I blocked her. She still wants to purchase the item and insists I sell it to her for the reduced price.

Am I in the wrong here for not selling her the item?? Would you ladies have done the same?

No, you are not wrong. Something isn't right here. I don't blame you for being uncomfortable as I would have been uncomfortable too. You blocked her to avoid a hassle and a possible negative which was a good idea.

I'd report her to eBay and don't communicate with her further.

ITA with what the others have said. Report her to eBay and do not respond to any more of her messages. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

No, you're not in the wrong, at all. :nogood:

She had every right to try to negotiate with you, IMO - but no right, at all, to try to force you to sell the item to her at a lower-than-agreed price.

Wow...

You definitely did the right thing. The only thing I would have done differently is sending her a message explaining why she was blocked. It seems she would've sent all those messages anyway but no reason to inflame the situation.

I can't even imagine what she would've been like to deal with on a transaction!

And if she's copying your descriptions, you can report her to eBay for that also. ;)

Yikes, that sounds really uncomfortable. ebay will probably do nothing about the flood of harassing messages, but you can probably nail her on the copied description. Best of luck.. :s

Thanks ladies! Now I don't feel like such a jerk for putting her in tears since I know you all would have done the same and blocked her. :amuse:

The craziness continues....

Last night I saw that the item was purchased. I got a messaging asking if I could ship the item to her cousin as a gift. I told her I could not since I would not be covered by the selling protection policy. I told her if she changed the address in her Paypal I would be willing to ship it. I already had a funny feeling about this but this buyers address was in a completely different state than the other crazy buyers. She tells me she'll change it and when she messaged me today I looked at the address and laughed. It was the crazy girls address!!! She got her cousin to purchase the item since she was blocked!!

Now I don't know what to do.....any suggestions?!?