Crazy buyers on ebay. What would you do?

blue2013

O.G.
Apr 7, 2013
So a couple weeks ago I had a bag listed for sale. Below is the first email of this person to me

What year is this bag? Can the bag stand upright itself? Is it beige or light grey in the naked eyes? Is this more of a Matte leather? And how come on back of bag, top right, there are no stitches on some of the diagonal? Are there any discounts to this bag? thanks.

Mind you I had 24 pics of the bag listed in my listing and there were at least 4 of them that showed the bag standing up right by itself. I was going to ignore her but I tend to respond to most questions I get so below is my response.

What year is this bag? 2013
Can the bag stand upright itself? Yes see pics.
Is it beige or light grey in the naked eyes? beige
Is this more of a Matte leather? feels more like matte
And how come on back of bag, top right, there are no stitches on some of the diagonal? No missing stitch
Are there any discounts to this bag? No discount.
thanks.

I admit I sounded a bit snarky in my email but I was super annoyed by her initial email. I went ahead and blocked her. The bag sold at my asking price few days later.

Today I got her response. It amazes me how entitled and rude some ebay buyers could be

But the left side on the back of bag, there are Some more Defects. The Stitches are Not Lined up Evenly with other diamond bars. The lines or stitches are Off Balance therefore, making the Bag Unattractive and Less Valuable.

It's ok if she feels that way but she didn't have to confront me about it. The bag was sold for $100 over retail. If she considers it a defect, she should take it to the manufacture not me--the seller. I listed the bag as how I got it from the store, I didn't hide any flaws. More importantly she didn't buy it, why did she feel the need to bash me about it? I really can't rationalize her behavior.

Sorry for the long rant.

God, what an entitled PITA.

I ignore and block anyone with a laundry list of questions like that - especially when there are a ton of photos in the listing.

Some people should just stick to the mall.

And random capitalizations make me absolutely mental.

So a couple weeks ago I had a bag listed for sale. Below is the first email of this person to me

What year is this bag? Can the bag stand upright itself? Is it beige or light grey in the naked eyes? Is this more of a Matte leather? And how come on back of bag, top right, there are no stitches on some of the diagonal? Are there any discounts to this bag? thanks.

Mind you I had 24 pics of the bag listed in my listing and there were at least 4 of them that showed the bag standing up right by itself. I was going to ignore her but I tend to respond to most questions I get so below is my response.

What year is this bag? 2013
Can the bag stand upright itself? Yes see pics.
Is it beige or light grey in the naked eyes? beige
Is this more of a Matte leather? feels more like matte
And how come on back of bag, top right, there are no stitches on some of the diagonal? No missing stitch
Are there any discounts to this bag? No discount.
thanks.

I admit I sounded a bit snarky in my email but I was super annoyed by her initial email. I went ahead and blocked her. The bag sold at my asking price few days later.

Today I got her response. It amazes me how entitled and rude some ebay buyers could be

But the left side on the back of bag, there are Some more Defects. The Stitches are Not Lined up Evenly with other diamond bars. The lines or stitches are Off Balance therefore, making the Bag Unattractive and Less Valuable.

It's ok if she feels that way but she didn't have to confront me about it. The bag was sold for $100 over retail. If she considers it a defect, she should take it to the manufacture not me--the seller. I listed the bag as how I got it from the store, I didn't hide any flaws. More importantly she didn't buy it, why did she feel the need to bash me about it? I really can't rationalize her behavior.

Sorry for the long rant.

Some buyers just like to troll ebay and intimidate sellers to try and lower their price. There is no need to rationalize her behaviour - just be glad you sold it to someone else and didn't get tempted to tango with her. Share her ID with those who have BBLs because she doesn't sound like someone anyone would want to do business with.

Ugh. It pisses me off that buyers do this crap. I'm not a seller but to me, asking for a discount would be an automatic block. "If you have to ask, you can't afford" sort of deal...

I've stated before...I pride myself on being a great buyer. Paying the second the auction ends, messaging the seller to not kill themselves getting the package out immediately, I understand life is busy...ya know, trying to be nice & having other crappy buyers pulling this nonsense ruins it for the rest of us.

I ignore and block anyone with a laundry list of questions like that - especially when there are a ton of photos in the listing.

Lol! Agree! She should stick to the mall.
And yes.... The random capitalization is insane. :smile:

I agree.

Re random capitalizations, my PC does that and I have no clue why or how to make it go away.

Please share her id so we can block her.