Craving Black City...

MARA!! Mara, my darling, I had no idea you were here on tPF as well! I have a 05 black city and it is ...sinful. I PET my bag. Sometimes find myself petting it in public. Scary, huh?

If you and KD go to NM SF, I'd love to bring my black city to show you and ogle the bags myself! Do you have a fave SA there? If not, may I recommend Kumi, Christine or Alma? They are awesome and soooo helpful! See you soon over on PS...I have some new bling!

I just got a black Day from BalNY and the leather is fantastic! I love it. That said, I a have a super smooshy, lovable, huggable Black City from '06 - so I know there are beauties out there from all seasons.

hi CF! yep i think there is a fair amount of PS/TPF crossover, bling n' bags seem to go well together. i would love to see your black city in SF if we get together in July!

i may have to get over to Susan in Bgame over the next month or so as well and see what they have in stock. but i have not been to NM SF at all (since i live in South Bay) and i would really like to visit next month and manhandle some bags. :biggrin:

hi CF! yep i think there is a fair amount of PS/TPF crossover, bling n' bags seem to go well together. i would love to see your black city in SF if we get together in July!

i may have to get over to Susan in Bgame over the next month or so as well and see what they have in stock. but i have not been to NM SF at all (since i live in South Bay) and i would really like to visit next month and manhandle some bags. :biggrin:

Woohoo! While you're at Susan Burlingame, you can hop on over to Topper's and peruse the bling, too! Sounds like a fun afternoon to me! I actually work a block away from Susan SF, so I can walk over there and help you check out their black city stock as well. I love excuses for walking in there, chatting and gabbing with the SAs whilst nuzzling their bbags! :P They tend to fawn over my black city when I walk in there as well, it loves the attention!

Dont know if Im too late for my 2 cents but Im so excited about my latest aquisition that I had to jump in as well.

A lot of people fawn over the 2005 leathers, I have a 2005 black first myself and its ok. I thought my SS 07 Black work and Twiggy were also great until a few days ago when I got my 07FW Black day with GSH.

ITS THE BEST FRIGGEN BLACK LEATHER I HAVE EVER SEEN AND FELT! The black is jet jet black, makes all my other black bbags look washed out and the leather is so thick and smooshy it almost feels padded! I swear Im tempted to sell my black first, twiggy and work just to get them all in the 07FW leather!

Dont know if Im too late for my 2 cents but Im so excited about my latest aquisition that I had to jump in as well.

A lot of people fawn over the 2005 leathers, I have a 2005 black first myself and its ok. I thought my SS 07 Black work and Twiggy were also great until a few days ago when I got my 07FW Black day with GSH.

ITS THE BEST FRIGGEN BLACK LEATHER I HAVE EVER SEEN AND FELT! The black is jet jet black, makes all my other black bbags look washed out and the leather is so thick and smooshy it almost feels padded! I swear Im tempted to sell my black first, twiggy and work just to get them all in the 07FW leather!

That's what I thought when I got my f/w '07 City. The color, which was just black, appeared so dark and luscious. And I do think it's padded! I compared it to my s/s 07 City, and while my Aqua's leather is luscious and buttery soft, the f/w 07 leather is even better!!!

I think f/w 07 is the "new '05" desired leather! :graucho: And since you are going for the staple black I'd rather buy a brand new spankin' bag.

hehe special K you really make a fabulous case for the FW07 (you too lordguinny)...i will definitely have to see this for myself in the stores.

the other thing i would like to see if possible is how 05 compares to 07...special K think you can take any pictures for comparison (or direct me to them if you have already done so on here)?

also i have heard 05 is more thin and 07 is thicker. i have a BI from 06 and i LOVE the leather, it's not thick but not thin either...i don't know if i'd like super thin or super thick. thoughts re: substance of leather from 05 vs 07?