Crap...Hard Drive lost...and so are my pics!

nanette0269

Nov 23, 2008
Every time I purchased shoes (other than the cheap throw away ones) and bags, I snagged a jpg from online. I would then print the entire jpg listing and put it in my closet (for shoes) and/or my armoire (for bags) so I could see, at a glance, everything that could go with what I wanted to wear.

:faint: ...hard drive just died...everyone tried to get the data back, but its lost. Its hard to find the pics of stuff from prior seasons! is all lost?

I suppose I just needed to vent. I loved my inventory system, and while I've found most of my bag pics, i cannot find my shoe pics

:sad: Sorry to hear that. I know when hours of work is gone in a few seconds, you can feel your heart crashing along..
Take a deep breath, do something you love tonight and start afresh
tomorrow..:flowers:

I'm sorry to hear that. i lost my hard drive a few months ago and along with it, several years of work files. Maybe you can just take pictures of the shoes you have one by one? Probably a pain to do,but maybe easier than searching for pictures online. I used to do this as well but changed my storage system and no longer need the photos.

Wow so sorry to hear that. Do you have Norton? I have Norton 360 and you can buy space from them to backup your computer. I had forgotten that I had that service when my computer crashed and remembered a few days later. I am mentioning this just in case you may have a back up with Norton also.

Oh yeah and maybe you might want to keep your photos on something like snapfish just as a safety net.

I had that almost happen to me! Well I have but last time I was determined to get that data back. I'm a computer scientist and just don't know when to quit so I worked for days and finally got them again, and immediately transferred them to a new drive I just bought since obviously that HD was shot. They were especially important to me because they had all the pictures of my cats that had since departed this world. I guess the only suggestion I can make is to do what you can to find the pics online, e-bay etc and then backup backup backup. External hard drive, CDs or even buy some space online. I like to keep a copy of my most important stuff somewhere not at home in case of a fire.

I am really sorry, that sucks so much and I'm sure you feel sick. Good luck on getting back what you can.

Every time I purchased shoes (other than the cheap throw away ones) and bags, I snagged a jpg from online. I would then print the entire jpg listing and put it in my closet (for shoes) and/or my armoire (for bags) so I could see, at a glance, everything that could go with what I wanted to wear.

:faint: ...hard drive just died...everyone tried to get the data back, but its lost. Its hard to find the pics of stuff from prior seasons! is all lost?

I suppose I just needed to vent. I loved my inventory system, and while I've found most of my bag pics, i cannot find my shoe pics

Nanette, did "everyone" take the hard drive out and put it in another computer as a 'slave' or 'second' drive? Then you can navigate to it as another drive letter in Windows Explorer and find your files ... Or, if that's not feasible, you can buy what's called an 'external case' and put the hard drive in that case, and then hook up to it via USB to a working computer. Your files can almost always be recovered doing it either way. What's corrupt and/or lost are the files that start your PC; the rest of the drive ought to be working enough to allow recovery of important information.

And you already have learned this the hard way, but back up back up back up. USB keys (aka flash drives) and external hard drives are so cheap nowadays it doesn't make sense not to purchase and back up. The most simple easy to use backup program ever is http://secondcopy.com/ - I use it and get it for all my clients.

Best of luck to you! :heart: