Cranberry vs. Crimson, etc.

Aug 13, 2014
Dooney has a number of shades that seem very similar, especially when viewed on TV or a computer. Can anyone describe the difference between Crimson and Cranberry?

I know Bordeaux is usually darker than either of those, and plum is even more eggplant skin in color.

PcanTannedBty

Dec 19, 2013
Dooney Land, USA
www.youtube.com
Dooney has a number of shades that seem very similar, especially when viewed on TV or a computer. Can anyone describe the difference between Crimson and Cranberry?

I know Bordeaux is usually darker than either of those, and plum is even more eggplant skin in color.

I almost got a Cranberry coated cotton tote last week... It was a beautiful color but didn't like the Vachetta straps. Cranberry is more of a reddish burgundy. Very fall-ey color. Not to dark and not to late. Almost like the Rogue in the Toledo line but without the shine. I'm not sure if that helps on the Cranberry side. Wish I would have taken pics but didn't want to get in trouble especially with Laurie saying they asked her not to. I got go those outlets all the time and don't want them mad at me. 😁😁😁. I need them. LOL

I saw Crimson in Flo and it was a deep burgundy with brown hints. They are so hard to describe.

Aug 13, 2014
Pcan: thanks for the info. I think the colors vary by which type of leather. And I don't know that I've ever seen both Crimson and Cranberry in the same style leather line....maybe in the Dillen, but I don't remember.

I'm thinking Crimson is more red and lighter than Cranberry. But I'm not sure. In reality, since they use them in different styles/leathers, there may be no science to the naming. Or maybe Crimson has more brown undertone and Cranberry has more blue undertone. I don't know. And how does wine fit into the picture?

But I'm really into color, as well as collecting Dooneys, so it's more than just a passing curiosity. I know I have handbags that are so similar in color that I need bright outdoor light to tell them apart.

Gilmoregirl

Sep 9, 2013
Pcan: thanks for the info. I think the colors vary by which type of leather. And I don't know that I've ever seen both Crimson and Cranberry in the same style leather line....maybe in the Dillen, but I don't remember.

I'm thinking Crimson is more red and lighter than Cranberry. But I'm not sure. In reality, since they use them in different styles/leathers, there may be no science to the naming. Or maybe Crimson has more brown undertone and Cranberry has more blue undertone. I don't know. And how does wine fit into the picture?

But I'm really into color, as well as collecting Dooneys, so it's more than just a passing curiosity. I know I have handbags that are so similar in color that I need bright outdoor light to tell them apart.
IMO I think that the Crimson is more of a dark brick/brown red. Cranberry is a brighter bluer red (but still not red lol) I suck at color descriptions, sorry lol :biggrin:

Twoboyz

Jan 1, 2014
Chicago Suburbs
I tried on the bailey also. I found it to be very stiff. The straps were stiff and the coated cotton was stiff. It seemed stiffer than my chevron totes. It was a good size though, very cute on. One strap kept popping off.

Gilmoregirl

Sep 9, 2013
I tried on the bailey also. I found it to be very stiff. The straps were stiff and the coated cotton was stiff. It seemed stiffer than my chevron totes. It was a good size though, very cute on. One strap kept popping off.
I'm all for cute and gorgeous bags... but if they don't serve their purpose? Not for me :sad: