Cranberry Sabrina -vs- Magenta Sabrina!!! Color Variation..Help Please?

2manybagz

"LUVIN LV"
O.G.
Jun 10, 2009
I am in love with the large Sabrina, and I have always wanted a pink leather bag, I usually buy neutral colors, but I do have a Coral patent sabrina and I love her, so I want more bright colors...lol....
Here is my question, How close are the Cranberry and the Magenta Leather SaBRINA'S in color,? would it make a huge difference which one I got, Or is the coral too close to both of them... I have always wanted a fuschia leather bag,,,
Please help ladies...I don't know which one to try to get or just stick with my coral......
TIA....Dj

They are all different! The cranberry does have a pinkish tone, but it is not the same as magenta. Actually I have all three (well, my magenta is a Julianne, not Sabrina). They are definitely different than the coral. IMO the magenta is the prettiest of the 3, but I am biased because I LOOOOVE Coach's magenta colors!!! Of course it's not going to be like buying coral and teal, or coral and plum, but there's a def. difference, if only considering leather vs patent! I wish I could take photos of all three together tonight, but unfortunately, I am not where I can ATM. If nobody chimes in to help, if I'm able to be back on the forum some tomorrow evening, I can to do that.

OH, BL, That would be great if you could....Thanks for your reply... I am just hoping that I will be able to find one, since I only shop online,,KWIM>>> I am not asking anyone for one, I just mean I have never been into a coach store ever, I know it's sad...I so wish I could....I would problably have a heart attack though ...lol..................

No problem! The outlets did have the cranberry and some left over magentas, so you might call and have them check their inventory. I just recently saw coral at my local outlet. Otherwise, yeah, Ebay or Bonanzle are probably your best bets! I will do my best to post tomorrow evening if nobody does before then. I'll be mostly off the forum, though, so worst case by Tues.

2manybagz, I don't know if you're only thinking large Sabrinas, but the magenta didn't come in the large, just the small. The cranberry and the coral came in both sizes. I have the cranberry and the magenta in the small.....give me a couple minutes and I'll get some comparison pics up for you!

Hi,
I have the small Cranberry!!! She is lovely!!

picture.php

The Color is a little deeper IRL - I took picture with a flash!!!!
Lynne :biggrin:

Last edited:
OH NO....wcofer
Are you serious, No large magenta sabrina, yes I only like the large, I don't think, I could use a small, I like to carry everything with me plus have 3 kids so I need the extra room.
I just wonder about the magenta julianne then.. I have a steel julianne and I love her, so I am thinking maybe I could do that....
Melissa, what issues did you have with you cranberry brina....
The sabrina is hands down my favorite coach bag ever, especially my steel one...
thanks ladies,
I can't wait to see pics...

It was an ebay purchase that I think the seller used cleaner on that stripped some of the color..I have pics here
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/hg-bag-mystery-and-lots-other-eye-candy-553919.html

OH NO....wcofer
Are you serious, No large magenta sabrina, yes I only like the large, I don't think, I could use a small, I like to carry everything with me plus have 3 kids so I need the extra room.
I just wonder about the magenta julianne then.. I have a steel julianne and I love her, so I am thinking maybe I could do that....
Melissa, what issues did you have with you cranberry brina....
The sabrina is hands down my favorite coach bag ever, especially my steel one...
thanks ladies,
I can't wait to see pics...

Here's some comparison pics of my small magenta and small Cranberry......these pics are pretty accurate. The cranberry has brown undertones, and the magenta has blue/purple undertones. Other than that, they are very similar. I think the cranberry is a warm color and the magenta is a cool color.

Cranberry on the left and magenta on the right:

1009197.jpg

Magenta on the left, Cranberry on the right, for the next two pics:

1009209.jpg

1009198.jpg

WOW you are right about the color variations. I love them both..lol..they are gorgeous..
Since I have to have a Large Sabrina, it looks like I will have to try to find the rare cranberry one or go for a magenta julianne.

wcofer, thanks so much for the comparison pics....I really appreciate it....
Now for the HUNT....lol....let it begin.......

Here's some comparison pics of my small magenta and small Cranberry......these pics are pretty accurate. The cranberry has brown undertones, and the magenta has blue/purple undertones. Other than that, they are very similar. I think the cranberry is a warm color and the magenta is a cool color.

Cranberry on the left and magenta on the right:

1009197.jpg

Magenta on the left, Cranberry on the right, for the next two pics:

1009209.jpg

1009198.jpg
I love both your Cranberry and Magenta Sabrinas!!!!

Very Nice!!!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

^^^ Super jealous. I had a chance to get a cranberry sabrina but passed, and now I really regret it :sad: I do have a magenta julianne and a cranberry wallet... that's as close as I'll get right now.