Craigslist isn't all scammers!

lovely_LouieV

always~wanting~more
Mar 4, 2011
Just want to vent. :rant:

I put some of my bags on craigslist. I decided I was gonna clean out my closet and wanted to sell some of my bags and maybe get a new one. x So I put them up for sale.

First I get the run around by people who don't follow through, when I asked them not to waste my time if they weren't seriously interested. I eventually got flagged and deleted which I don't understand why, because I'd gladly send whatever pics they needed or anything. I HATE fakes and would never EVER buy one let alone try to sell someone one and pass it off as real. I'd even let someone look over the bags before deciding if it'd make them feel better. I have very few designer bags (not a humongous collection like some of you have!), which I'd save up for and keep for years btw. I said I would take reasonable offers, so I was willing to work with anyone interested.

I don't even have an Ebay account because I don't have things to sell often, so I thought just selling local would be better. I got someone playing games with me, insinuating that I stole their bag? WTF? I am not that kind of person. I am not a crook. I am not out to scam anyone. I am a working mom, wife and my DH and I work hard for our money.

Anyway, is it that hard to trust anyone nowadays? My bags are REAL. I know about all the horror stories from CL and Ebay, I DO get it. But there ARE still real, true, honest people out there who just have some things they want to sell. Don't be so quick to judge and/or flag! Everyone isn't out to "get" you. Though I know it may seem that way from what you hear.

Sorry for the rant, just want to put that out there! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
ITA! I do sell stuff on eBay (and have for years), but this is why I won't sell any LV on there. I do stuff via consignment stores now and take the lower amount of cash.

Finding normal buyers for almost anything on Craigslist is a real crapshoot. My husband cleaned out our garage last summer and you can imagine what crawled out of the woodwork for lawn equipment, tools and stuff. LOL

There are so many counterfeit bags on my local Craigslist that it would actually be difficult to find someone real selling authentic bags. Consignment is really the best and safest way to go nowadays for luxury items.

ebay is certainly a crap shoot. I've also been posting some items on Bonanza - the fees are less, they don't seem to pull items or hassle you as much, but there is less of an audience. I don't even bother with Craigslist, it does seem like there is just too much to sort through to find the real deal. After having trouble selling a few things I'm trying an online consignment store...keeping my fingers crossed I won't lose too much money.

I always check CL before anywhere else but you can tell right away the ppl who are selling the real deal (w/ purses at least). I only flag down ppl who post more than 2x in a day or I reply to the post if I can tell its fake. But being that there are sooo many fakes you just have to use some common sense.... good luck though!