Cracking bag handle

Lurvebags

Jul 3, 2014
Hi everyone

The handle on my Bally bag is showing cracks. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with their bag (doesn't have to be Bally). It's the seal/glue on the handle that appears to have cracked. Not the actual leather.

I've had it a few years now. Normally I wouldn't bothered repairing it but because this bag cost me quite a bit...I'm willing to get it repaired

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! 😊ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407999152.158840.jpg

Hi, it's on the edges? I think i depends how you see this but I would do a repair if a piece of the edge coating is falling off. For example older PS1 bags had some cracks even when new but was ok to carry anyway.

Hi, it's on the edges? I think i depends how you see this but I would do a repair if a piece of the edge coating is falling off. For example older PS1 bags had some cracks even when new but was ok to carry anyway.

Edge coating - Yes that it! It just makes the bag look old..the rest of the bag is in perfect condition

I'm reasonably new here so please excuse my ignorance ... but what's PS1?

Thanks for your reply 😊

Edge coating - Yes that it! It just makes the bag look old..the rest of the bag is in perfect condition

I'm reasonably new here so please excuse my ignorance ... but what's PS1?

Thanks for your reply ��

The PS1 is a bag from Proenza Schouler.

On the edge coating, there's a "do it yourself" thread here somewhere. I'll see if I finds it.

Edit: here it is Sticky handles

and another thread: is there ANY possible way to keep resin-coated edges to stop fraying?*pics included*

so, from what you know the cracked edge coat on these handles doesn't escalate or eventually cause the handle to come apart or became very noticeable?

so, from what you know the cracked edge coat on these handles doesn't escalate or eventually cause the handle to come apart or became very noticeable?

Hi, the edge coat usually flexible and doesn't hold the handle together by itself. I think you have to watch the crack though and repair if it gets worse. It's also possible the edge coat has become brittle over many years and may crack because of this.

I took my bag back to Bally on the weekend. They said it's a result of wear and tear on the bag. Apparently happens often and can't be avoided because the bag handle always bends when carried hence the cracking.