Cracked seal on ysl leather bag seams?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Hi all,
I bought a chyc cabas from eBay a couple of weeks ago that had very light use but the seams on the handles did have minor cracking. The seller gave me a partial refund so I could get it fixed b/c the cracking wasn't disclosed. This chyc is the large with the smooshy (not stiff) leather. After carrying it for 2 weeks, I have noticed the seams are getting ALOT worse and are cracking on the leather strip that goes over the top (with the y attached to it and in the bottom corners of the bag. Is this normal? This is a $2400 bag that looks seriously beat up and no, I don't not carry a lot in it so weight is not an issue. I have my wallet, keys, eyeglasses, sunglasses and check book....that is it. Has anyone else had this experience? My crappy MK Hamilton has better seams after 2 years than this bag at 10 times the cost after 2 weeks. I am just astonished.

that means the leather is stating to dry out. You need to either take it to a YSL store and have them send it to where ever they send the bags or go to a good leather shop and have them take care of it. It sounds like it needs a lot of leather conditioning put on it to keep the leather from becoming to brittle.

Respectfully, I am not sure I agree. The leather is supple and and soft. The seam sealant is a rubbery material that seems to be very inflexible so when the leather moves or bends, the sealant cracks. The leather itself is not cracked.

Was your bag verified as authentic? I hate to even think about it but I hope you didn't receive a faux.

If it is faux, you may still be able to return it. The girls in the ebay forum are very knowledgeable about these issues.

Here's hoping your bag is real and that this is simply a quality control issue that YSL will graciously address for you.

:flowers:

Aluxe said:
Was your bag verified as authentic? I hate to even think about it but I hope you didn't receive a faux.

If it is faux, you may still be able to return it. The girls in the ebay forum are very knowledgeable about these issues.

Here's hoping your bag is real and that this is simply a quality control issue that YSL will graciously address for you.

:flowers:

Yes, I bought it from a very reputable seller on eBay and vesna here on the ysl authentication thread authenticated it for me.

I have noticed that a lot of YSL bags seem to be prone to issues with the glue seals. I have seen cracked seals on brand new (authentic) Roadys, easy and Chyc bags. :sad:
Not sure what causes it and how to stop it.

I've had this problem with my YSL White Medium Muse and had to return it because to me I felt the quality wasn't there. I had only used the bag a few times with light weight and the handles started to crack and I didn't feel like that should be happening. Sorry to hear.