Cracked Leather

1. I think I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have any solutions for cracked/scratched up leather for old handbags? I've tried everything, but I think I'm making things worse. Any suggestions are more than welcome! :yes:

2. I can only tell you that from my experience, I purchased a Brighton at least 10 years ago in Dallas, and a couple of years ago after not wearing it, when I pulled it out of my closet, I noticed some cracking of the leather on the shoulder straps. Since we had horses at the time, I had saddle soap, so I thought "what the heck, I'll try it". I wouldn't wear the purse in the condition that it was in anyway, so I used the soap on the straps, and they turned out absolutely beautiful. A little darker....but restored. The leather on the Brighton was dyed and didn't have any other type of finish on it as far as I could tell, so I believe the saddle soap worked really well. Good luck with whatever you do!

3. Thank you so much. I'll try this out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice