Mansur Gavriel Cracked Glazing = Not a Defect ???? = First, Last, Only MG

dmmiller

O.G.
Feb 26, 2012
I purchased my first Mansur Gavriel bucket bag this winter. It is beautiful. I have used it a handful of times. I am not hard on my bags. I noticed cracking in the glazing around the strap where it connects to the bag. I emailed customer service as was informed today that this can be expected and it is not viewed as a defect. I was advised to take it to a shoe repair place to have the edges painted. I was shocked by the email.

To add insult to injury, I tell my husband this and he says this crack here on the top of bag - something I had not noticed before.

Maybe I have been spending too much time in Louis Vuitton world where I have learned to look at glazing and have had items replaced after the glazing has cracked. I had one wallet replaced twice by LV over a year and a half period - the second time I was given store credit.

This will be only MG. Good luck to everyone with their MG's!

oh.. I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced that on my bag though. I have been using it for winter but winter here in Texas is not cold...
I am kinda surprised about the response from customer service too...

:sad: i'm so sorry that happened...

do you have pictures?

I still have mine from 2+ years ago and its the black w/red interior..the leather is really stiff so any bends (i make) if that makes sense...shows with wrinkles.

i just ordered a tote version via nap because of the pink inside (sucker for that) and the tan cover outside...easy to match.

i find its easier to work with them then MG directly, esp given the email CS just sent you.

did you send pictures with your email? is there a number you can call, to escalate?

I am in PA. I have not used it in really extreme temperatures. I was suprised by the response, especially since they go out of their way to describe the way veg tanned leather patinas. If I would have expected the cracked glazing would be considered their normal, I would not have made the purchase.

Reactions: lexus72
I purchased from NAP. I will try them for customer service. I did not send pictures with my email and haven't taken any yet.

I have seen a few totes in Yoogi's that had cracking but I assumed the people may have loaded the tote with heavier items given the nature of a tote bag and they looked a little worse for the wear. Mine looks almost brand new.

I will circle back with MG customer service. I was hoping that I may have some feedback here that contradicts my response from MG.

My biggest frustration is that if I am going to need to reglaze the edges on the top of the bag, I am concerned if it gets sloppy looking since I have the black with ballerina interior. If it was raw or a darker color I would not be so nervous to have the edges refinished.

:sad: i'm so sorry that happened...

do you have pictures?

I still have mine from 2+ years ago and its the black w/red interior..the leather is really stiff so any bends (i make) if that makes sense...shows with wrinkles.

i just ordered a tote version via nap because of the pink inside (sucker for that) and the tan cover outside...easy to match.

i find its easier to work with them then MG directly, esp given the email CS just sent you.

did you send pictures with your email? is there a number you can call, to escalate?

Thank you. You gave me several great ideas to pursue. Good luck with your new tote and bucket bag!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458335682.526208.jpg

This is my bag today. The exterior has held up better than I expected based on the cautions on the MG website. The interior finish is cracking as is the edging painted on my bag. I attached some photos. Please advise if this is normal.

Last edited: