covid & jewelry

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I haven't been wearing earrings much lately but yesterday I wore my diamond studs - 1 ct each earring. One of them went missing. I was really worried looking all over the place. fortunately it turned up inside my top but I haven't found the jumbo back. I'm thinking the cause of this may have been putting on and taking off the mask. don't think I'll wear any expensive earrings again until this awful mask thing is over.

I wear multiple studs on both ears & can report zero problems ... however, having previously had a pup chew a diamond stud loose, I am fanatical about heavy duty backs. If the studs are an important enough pair, I use the ones that come with new piercings.

I haven't been wearing earrings much lately but yesterday I wore my diamond studs - 1 ct each earring. One of them went missing. I was really worried looking all over the place. fortunately it turned up inside my top but I haven't found the jumbo back. I'm thinking the cause of this may have been putting on and taking off the mask. don't think I'll wear any expensive earrings again until this awful mask thing is over.

I've been wearing earrings that don't have much value - sentimental or otherwise.

I know the feeling of studs going missing. My rose gold tiny studs have been pushed back for my diamond ones (more secure backing) or my gold Mejuri "Bold Hoops", which are more like wider sleepers. They're relatively inexpensive as far as gold studs go (they're Liesel Love's rose quartz studs) but I'd still prefer not to lose them.

I'm a health worker, so even pre-covid, I'd wear a mask for the annual flu season. My rose quartz stud flew out of my ear as I removed one side of my mask once and I had to fish it out of the rubbish. It happened again when I cared for a nursing home with covid cases (thankfully not in the rubbish where all the masks and gowns go but on the carpet), so I just stopped wearing those. I'll save them for a nicer occasion.

I know the feeling of studs going missing. My rose gold tiny studs have been pushed back for my diamond ones (more secure backing) or my gold Mejuri "Bold Hoops", which are more like wider sleepers. They're relatively inexpensive as far as gold studs go (they're Liesel Love's rose quartz studs) but I'd still prefer not to lose them.

I'm a health worker, so even pre-covid, I'd wear a mask for the annual flu season. My rose quartz stud flew out of my ear as I removed one side of my mask once and I had to fish it out of the rubbish. It happened again when I cared for a nursing home with covid cases (thankfully not in the rubbish where all the masks and gowns go but on the carpet), so I just stopped wearing those. I'll save them for a nicer occasion.
lucky that you saw that stud fly off your ear

Reactions: meowkittycat
I also had a stud fall out of my ear because of a mask. Luckily I found it although the back was gone. Consequently I've stopped wearing my good studs.
I would think (now that this has happened) it could happen with an earring with a wire too.....I'll stick to either wearing no earrrings (which is what I do most of the time these days anyway) or inexpensive silver ones

Reactions: A bottle of Red
So glad you found your earring! I honestly never wear expensive earrings on a daily basis. I have lost way too many. Even pre-covid, I would lose them taking off a scarf or my sunglasses which are on a rope, lol.

Reactions: sdkitty