COVID Customer Service

PhineasGage

Aug 9, 2019
Is LV customer experience typically this frustrating or is it just due to COVID? I’m a new customer and wish to buy an item that is not available online but is available in the two stores closest to me (still 4 hour drive).

I thought this would be an easy transaction, I would call one of the stores, give my credit card, and get the item in a few days after shipping.

NOPE!

Instead it’s been a week of me calling the general LV customer service line (where it takes 30 min to get through each time) checking to see the status of my request to purchase a bag. I feel like I am begging someone to consider letting me spend $3k in their store.

Is this how it always is for those of us who don’t live in driving distance of a store? Or is this just due to COVID?

I may be wrong but I believe if you don’t have a purchase history at any LV, a store will not ship to you. Could depend on store but I’ve read that here multiple times.

My store required me to sign a -authorization form before they would process credit card transactions without requiring me to go in store. Now I text my CA whenever I want something ordered and he’ll process it for me and send me the receipt after.

I have rarely been successful connecting with a CA through the Customer Service line. Best way to get in touch with a store is definitely through a CA’s number directly.

Reactions: PhineasGage
Yes, it is generally that frustrating. It’s not covid. It’s near impossible to get a store to call you, when CS contacts the store on your behalf.
Thanks, this oddly makes me feel better. I thought I was doing something wrong, like I just didn’t know how to work the system. I guess no LV for me. I don’t have the patience for it