Covid and wallets

I haven’t carried cash for years, sucks because I love wallets and don’t use my larger ones as often as I’d like to.
I don’t really need to carry cards either (all stored on my phone) and can pay by Apple Pay so wallets could be obsolete but I still carry one daily, sometimes a full size and sometimes just a card case depending on my mood....

I sold off all my traditional wallets, except for a long leather coach wallet and my passport wallet. In fact, since I bought the passport wallet I don’t really need the long wallet anymore since I used it for travel! I have a card case and key pouch I use for all my cards/cash (which I rarely have anymore anyway). I mostly carry cash when I travel...who knows when that will happen again!!

Interesting question! I personally prefer small wallets and key pouches. I like to keep my bags light. I'm in cali and so far no one has said they aren't accepting cash due to COVID. Tender Greens (eatery) stopped taking cash about a year ago.

I’ve been using just a card holder for about four years and even now when there’s a few wallets I really like, I just can’t bring myself to buy them knowing I’d put the exact same amount in it as what I have in my card holder already.

maybe we’ll see more wallets adapted to be sized to fit an iPhone/smartphone and cards, and less pockets for cash and coins.

Reactions: 880
I have been carrying Empreinte Key Pouch as my daily wallet in Pochette Accessoires for more than two months now during my weekly grocery run. Just ordered the men’s Coin Card Holder ;)

When I was in the office daily, I always carried my long wallet (Clemence). Never carry cash, but it had all of the things I need to be at the office for a long day away from home.

Now that I am working from home, and probably will be for some time, I am using just a card holder with my basics. And frequent places where I can pay with my phone.

I will probably keep the wallet indefinitely. Given that I scarcely use it, should last a very long time and may come in handy at some point.

Reactions: Kmazz39
I’ve been carrying my DE key pouch lately & I love how minimalistic it is! I used to use it to store my keys, but it’s actually great to use as a grab & go wallet. Super functional.

Last edited:
I LOVE a full-size wallet, but for now I have just been using my key pouch. I actually took everything out of my full-size wallet and put the wallet away for the time being.

I have a particular handbag I carry when we go out now and the only things in it are my key pouch, hand sanitizer, my phone, a packet of Kleenex and a rosary that I put in a plastic bag.)

I have all my other things I normally carry in another purse, which I put on a shelf in my closet. Who knows when I will feel comfortable taking all that out again? There is a cosmetic pouch full of little items I like to have with me, a little pencil/pen pouch, my calendar, sun glasses and I normally take my head phones in my purse. I did put a very tiny wallet in this purse to hold all of my gift cards and I usually carry a little cash, but I doubt anybody will be accepting cash for awhile.

So for now, I barely have anything in the handbag I am actually using. It still feels so odd to me. :huh:

• Love
Reactions: coniglietta and 880
I've never been a big fan of wallets in general. I use small wristlets, mini pouchette and coin purses as my wallets. Ive toyed with the idea of moving to a card case. I was eyeballing a coin purse that had a few card slots and nylon for easy cleaning. I probably won't be getting anything soon to be honest. I do think that people will downsize their wallets in the future though. People will be carrying less cash more cards or using tap payments via apple pay and Samsung pay.

I use more cash than using my cards. At the beginning I exclusively used my debit card to get in and out of stores quickly. I’m back to using cash mostly again now but I’d love to have a small wallet or card case to use along with my full size wallet. I hope we see some new card case designs and small wallets this year.

I use an old Long wallet these days, I wipe down with chlorox wipe when I get home. It is great for holding all my cards, esp ID which they scan whenever we enter a building and store; sometimes we still need some emergency cash if the machines at the cashiers are down (happened yesterday) and most importantly my phone and a few alcohol wipes.

Before covid I used to have a lip balm in my long wallet.

• Love