Covering your tracks?

Puddleduck74

Feb 18, 2010
Just a thought....

Do you hide your purchases from your husband or significant other? Friends?

Mine wouldn't notice a new bag if I hit him in the head with it, and he certainly has no idea the value of a Coach bag. However, I do avoid bringing anything home in the box it arrives in. I have stuff shipped to my work address and discard the box there. Then squeeze everything into my laptop bag if I can and leave my laptop at work. :graucho:

God no, I'm the polar opposite. My DH actually comes to the store with me and helps me pick out my new bags and is aware of the cost of Coach. TBH, I would have a hard time being in a relationship where I felt I had to hide anything from my DH. But he also has his things - cars and golf, we support each other's interests and don't go overboard with our interests. I've been into Coach since last July and have about 7 bags and 11 accessories, which is completely acceptable for us.

Omg I do the same thing, my husband doesn't notice it's so funny!! I also have my things shipped to work! And I'm in charge of paying the bills I'll say oh the electicity bill is much more this month and buy a bag! I know I'm mean but I will not do it all the time only if I buy one after the other! Lol hey he buys car parts all the time for his muscle cars

My DH is a cheapskate. I have my own money so I don't feel too guilty. Just don't want to be questioned about something he won't understand anyway.

Funny...last week I got my first piece of jewelry from Tiffany. He actually noticed and said..."That's nice. Where did you get it?"

Me: "At..uh..a store."

I grew up with an appreciation for nice things but he didn't. Sometimes I tell him I wish he had a feminine side. We'd get along so much better.

While I've had intentions of hiding Coach purchases from my DH, I'm always too excited and spill everything. He bought me my very first bag when I graduated from college a few years ago and he bought me my very first boutique bad last year for my 35th birthday & our anniversary. I always tell him it's his fault that I'm an addict now... LOL!

No way. My husband is very good to me...even the SA's always comment on what an understanding husband I have. If I say to him "M...we're going to Coach I want to do a once around"...we just do it. No static on the line from him. So if I go and buy something that's just what happens...wether we go together or alone.

DH has gotten much better but since he travels back home for business and is gone he notices but really has given up since he just bought a boat for fishing with his friends.