Workplace Cover letter help!!

chelsbelle

Nov 15, 2007
Clearwater, fl
I am applying for a job in a different department at my current workplace. Right now I have a BS in Management and I recently started going to school again to finish up a second bachelors in Accounting and the additional requirements in order to sit for the CPA exam..

The job I am applying for is in the accounting department, so I want to point out that I am in school for Accounting in my cover letter. I am just having trouble trying to word it..

this is what I had before I started going to school again:

I graduated from the University of South Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management. Through my coursework I gained solid research skills and became able to effectively compile reports, projects and business plans. I also became very proficient in group work and gained strong communication, presentation and analytical skills.

please help! anything helps lol

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Bon Jovi Blvd.
I would change "became able" to "the ability". Do you mean to say that you compile projects?

You could say something like:

In addition to graduating from XXX with a XXX, I am currently XXX. Through my coursework I....

chelsbelle

Nov 15, 2007
Clearwater, fl
Ok thanks I changed it to this:
Through my coursework I have gained solid research skills and the ability to effectively compile reports, manage projects, and create business plans. I have also gained strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.