Courtenay vs. regular duffle - WWYC?

I prefer the look of the Courtenay because I like the turnlock pocket. I think it looks more finished than the zipper pocket of the duffle and it is easier to access. The short strap of the Courtenay is the right length for me but I do like the way you can adjust the duffle's strap to almost any length.

I would say the one of the pros of the Courtenay would be that you can switch between crossbody and short strap easily since they are two separate straps, while for the duffle, you would have to rethread the strap to switch from doubled to single. Even doubled, the duffle strap can't be adjusted as short as Courtenay's short strap.

I have one Courtenay and several regular duffles. I love both styles for different reasons. I love the way the Courtenay looks and I love that you can carry it by the short strap or crossbody. But the strap is thin and it's not as comfortable for me to carry. Also the Courtenay doesn't hold as much and is a bit harder to get stuff in and out of. The duffle is simpler but has a nice wide strap, is very comfy to wear, holds a lot, and for me is easy to get stuff in and out of. And you can do the strap doubled or not so there's at least some option. I carried my first duffle for several months straight, but only carried Courtenay for a week at a time. Both bags are great, GL with whichever you choose.

Pros for the duffle are its size and easy of use. I tend to carry quite a bit of stuff so this is really important to me. But the bag doesn't look like a huge bag on your shoulder. It is so very easy to carry. I really have no cons as I love this bag.

Pros for the Courtenay are the classic styling, turn lock pocket, and the two straps. This bag looks so pretty on the shoulder, and that front pocket is perfect for your phone. Cons are smaller size, which is a problem for me. Most days I carry my tablet in my purse and it is a tight fit in this bag. I also find the shorter strap sometimes gets in my way of the zipper.

Both are beautiful bags though!

I don't own both, but I have spent some time comparing the two myself.

The Courtenay has a more finished look, more sophisticated. The shape is gorgeous, and that outer turnlock pocket can really come in handy for things like a cell phone, keys, etc. It's also nice to have the two different straps. The crossbody strap is thinner, though, so it can dig into your shoulder a bit if your bag is loaded up. The bag is a little smaller, so it holds less.

The duffle, in my opinion, has a more casual look because it is less structured. The strap is wider, which is really comfortable. The outer zipper pocket can be a little harder to get to if you wear the Coach stamp facing outward. As you know, you can wear this bag crossbody or double up the shoulder strap, but it will take you a minute or two to switch from one mode to the other. With the Courtenay, the switch is instant.

I know you love your duffles, soccergirly87! Throwing a Courtenay into your mix would give you a slightly dressier option than your duffles if you ever decided to change things up some days.

All this is just my opinion! Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide!

I have them both and love them for different reasons. The duffles are easy to get into, find things in, and very easy to carry. As others have said, the duffle is a casual style that can go with a lot of looks.

The Courtenay, on the other hand, is a bit more "stylish" but is a dream to carry on the shoulder (I don't carry my bags crossbody). The outer pocket is easy to access, but the short strap can impede access to the top zipper.

So, I guess, if I were choosing one for myself, I would pick the duffle because it fits my style better; but if I were recommending one for someone else, I would say the Courtenay purely because it is more versatile.

No wrong choice with either, IMHO. They are both classic styles that will stay in fashion for the long run.

Good luck!

Sounds like duffle is my choice then, I'm super casual and tend to put a lot in my bags. I love the thick strap of the duffle, which I double up because I'm a shoulder bag girl. I will get a Courtenay in bright coral, though, because the duffle doesn't come in that color.

Sounds like duffle is my choice then, I'm super casual and tend to put a lot in my bags. I love the thick strap of the duffle, which I double up because I'm a shoulder bag girl. I will get a Courtenay in bright coral, though, because the duffle doesn't come in that color.

The duffle comes in bright coral. It is on the Malaysia site so it is probably in the new floorset.

Anyone have a Courtenay AND a regular duffle? If so, which do you prefer and why? Pros and cons of both? TIA!

I don't have a preference...What I can say is that I love them both for different reason. When people say they carry a lot of stuff it's hard to imagine because everyone's "lot of stuff" isn't the same. I can carry my ipad in a Coach sleeve, my wristlet, my calendar, a mini lotion, my iPhone charger and cord, and a pencil case comfortable in both. In the Court front pocket I carry lipglass, carmex and gum. When I carry the duffle (and I have a LARGE duffle) I carry those things in a wristlet. If it's either/or you should get the duffle.