Courier?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Okay. I'm going on a fairly long trip this summer, to visit a friend in the States. It'll be the first time I travel completely alone, and long-haul to boot.:cry: Sorry - I'm a softie.

Anyway, in an effort to make the travelling part less :sick: , I'm thinking about throwing some money away on a courier, to use as a carry-on. So for anyone who has one, I have some questions. Okay, one majore question - how does it look when carried as an everyday bag? Is it huge and ungainly, or does it depend how much stuff is in it? If I spend that much on a bag, I'd better be able to use it more than once.;)

Also, where can I get one? Harvey Nic's in Leeds only has it in Damask, which I don't want cos its a dirt-magnet. And nowhere else locally sells them. So all the Brit b-bag lovers can help me here - have you seen any? I'm really on the fence about this, so any advice y'all can give me would be really appreciated.

Thanks!:biggrin:

2. *bump*

3. I LOVE the Courier for traveling!!! Frankly, I prefer it over the Weekender (which I used frequently until getting the Courier).

The Courier HOLDS A LOT OF STUFF!!! So, in addition to your "regular" purse stuff (e.g., wallet, checkbook, cosmetic bag, *whatever*), you can put "travel" stuff in (iPod, Blackberry, etc.). However, I would strongly recommend that you not carry it around with all that stuff once you have set foot on this side of the pond; otherwise, you will end up buying all the anti-inflammatory meds on this side!!!!!

One of the huge advantages of the Courier is the adjustable Shoulder Strap. You can carry the bag messenger style (across the chest) or a regular Shoulder bag.

I have used mine so much that it's starting to look like the bags with the 'old' leather ... YIPPEE!

PS: Frankly, the cheapest would be to buy it here in the States. The GBP is very strong against the dollar!

4. I agree with CeeJay - I have the courier and I am using it everyday. No its not overloaded but it has plenty inside. I also purchased it to use for travel but it is beautiful and versatile. I also like that you don't have to worry about the handles darkening from hand oils, etc. It is FAB!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice