Travel Countries You're Not Bothered About Ever Visiting....

shiny_things

Jan 9, 2013
.....even though people rave about it.

Not because you don't like the look of them, but just because you don't fancy it/would rather visit elsewhere.

For me:

Brazil
Germany
South Africa
Malaysia
Japan

I won't live long enough to visit all the places I'd like to. Having said that I really wouldn't make any effort to visit:

Peru (the best places to visit are at too high an altitude for my health)
Japan
Brazil
India

I won't live long enough to visit all the places I'd like to. Having said that I really wouldn't make any effort to visit:

Peru (the best places to visit are at too high an altitude for my health)
Japan
Brazil
India

Why not Japan, boxermom? I think it's a great place to visit. I agree with you about India though.

Why not Japan, boxermom? I think it's a great place to visit. I agree with you about India though.

Dh used to travel there a lot and didn't care for it. We usually like the same things and places, so I'm just going by what he said. He's the friendliest guy in the world--loves to travel and he said he felt an intense dislike there. I don't want to offend anyone by that statement; he's one of those *never met a stranger* people. China (all over China) and Singapore are 2 of his favorite places, so it's not because it's Asia. I hope I'm not getting into trouble here. He has traveled to almost every continent and has loved almost every place he's been.

What would you recommend seeing and doing in Japan?

Reactions: Birkinaddict201
Australia because of the spiders. I have arachnophobia and even ordinary garden spiders at home freak me out. Can't imagine going to a place where some of the spiders are the size of dinner plates and poisonous! :panic::sick:

Dh used to travel there a lot and didn't care for it. We usually like the same things and places, so I'm just going by what he said. He's the friendliest guy in the world--loves to travel and he said he felt an intense dislike there. I don't want to offend anyone by that statement; he's one of those *never met a stranger* people. China (all over China) and Singapore are 2 of his favorite places, so it's not because it's Asia. I hope I'm not getting into trouble here. He has traveled to almost every continent and has loved almost every place he's been.

I want to correct a badly worded sentence. Dh felt disliked by the Japanese; It wasn't that he disliked them. Hope that's clearer.

It's kind of funny because Japan is one of my favorite countries and China probably my least favorite. I had the exact opposite experience, everyone and everything in Japan was intensely welcoming, hospitable, and tourist- friendly while China was the opposite extreme. I've worked in both countries too and while in China everything was impossible and a big problem, in Japan everyone jumped through hoops and within a short time knew my job better than I did.

Just interesting how people can be so different.

I also had no interest in Japan... Didn't think there would be much there that I would like. I ended up having a layover there so figured I might as well extend it by 48 hours and actually really enjoyed being in Tokyo. That being said I'm in no hurry at all to go back....