Counterfeit sightings!! what should I do???

elle1777

Jul 26, 2008
I couldn't wait to get to a computer and post this! Sorry if this needs to be moved I wasn't sure where to put it.
I went to get gas today and had to go in and pay as the machines were broken. It is a busy gas station on a major road right near a police station. Hanging RIGHT above the cashier were TONS of blatantly FAKE bags--Coach, Dooney & Burke, & Chanel. Right next to the cashier were fake sunglasses. Now I've seen "replicas" out in the public eye like this before but these were counterfeit all the way!! I couldn't believe it!! Should I report it to someone?????

In my opinion, the best thing to do in those situations is notify the companies directly and inform them that you believe a particular business may be making unauthorized use of their logo/label, and include all pertinent data such as name of business or kiosk, location, etc.

It is the companies, after all, whose trademarks are being "infringed," and you will have the satisfaction not only of knowing that you "did something," but the assurance and certainty that the companies will do what they believe to be in their best interests!

Did they actually have C's on the chanel bags or O's? Were they C's on the coach bags or G, D, O? They can get away with it if it's not the same letters even if it LOOKS the same.

No they were C's--they weren't replicas they were full blown fakes and to the untrained eye from far away they would appear to be real. It wasn't an un-named gas station too..it was a Shell.

The ones I see have a little corner market where all the fugly fakes can be seen in broad daylight. They have EVERY brand imaginable, including sunglasses and accessories. I ALWAYS see women there buying them.

I have even taken a picture and SENT IT TO COACH - but nothing has been done. I guess maybe fakes in a small town in West Virginia just don't matter.

I agree w/Shimmapuff. That happened to me a while back. A new store opened in my neighborhood with all kinds of bags, lots of coach. I emailed coach and not long after that the place was closed, ha ha
:woohoo:

What I can't believe is YOU HAD TO PUMP YOUR OWN GAS? And you live in Jersey????

I would call the cops. For the fake purses, not the gas pumping.
oh god no she didnt pump her gas (i think that illeagle in nj?) sometimes if the machines are down you have to go inside to pay instead of at the pump

What I can't believe is YOU HAD TO PUMP YOUR OWN GAS? And you live in Jersey????

I would call the cops. For the fake purses, not the gas pumping.

I'm in school in Florida so yes I had to pump my own gas :sad: I miss Jersey!!!

Originally Posted by Compass Rose
..If these are Goach, Vooey Looieton, or Prado bags, they are perfectly legal.

Nope they weren't they were complete fakies...hahahah Goach