Countdown to MJs Spring 09 -- 4 hours to go!!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Anyone else as excited as I am to see MJs new spring line?
It's showing TONITE at 9pm(EST)
NY State Armory, 68 Lexington (25th St.)

(can any of you NY'ers gate-crash? :graucho::graucho::graucho:)

i thought style.com usually has these on their site...and i might have a way of getting screenshots as they come in...i'll post them here..if i can get them :ninja:

Last edited:
tadpole get down there!!! Show your signed zc and say it gets you on the list!

haha! sorry, i had to be home to watch gossip girl.

here are some early pics of the runway though. live blogging at racked.com too.

2841729696_77b543c6f1_o.jpg

2840893681_0d1fd1c8c2_o.jpg

2840893521_44fe8bc340_o.jpg

8:34pm: I'm in the show! They were searching bags. For some reason, they wouldn't let anyone in with a bottle of water. The runway is covered with chunks of mirrors, kind of like a funhouse, but pretty.

8:42pm: Playing Santogold.

8:45pm: Can't see who it is, but from swarm of photographers a celeb is coming.

8:46pm: Miss Jay here. And Anna directly across from me with her daughter.

8:50pm: Anna's hair is perf. She is wearing what looks like a khaki trench and a gray sweater with a sparkly necklace.

8:53pm: Rachel Zoe here in red dress.

8:54pm: Glad I got here early—standing room already five deep.

8:55pm: Anna looks happy. Also spotted Simon Doonan looking dapper in blazer and skinny tie. So many celebs, but it's so crowded it's hard to tell who's here.

9:00pm: One black guy just showed up wearing no shirt, just a bustier with heavy eye make-up and a hat. Who is he? Another guy in a ballgown. And editor-in-chief of Harpers, Glenda Bailey, just took a seat.

9:07: Seat-stealers telling girls with tickets to squish. They are not having it. Fight!

9:08: Crazy Hat is here. Another boldface: Kanye.

9:10pm: Kelly Osbourne just showed up in a black-and-white asymmetrical dress. Her hair is perfect and she looks gorgeous (also, looks like a normal size.) She's in the front row.

9:15pm: They just said "Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. The show is about to begin."

9:16pm: OMG madness. People climbing over the runway to get seats. People sitting in aisles.

9:17pm: Think I see Christy Turlington.

9:23pm: Seriously, like a funhouse. Looks nerdy chic: Lots of knee-length, high-waisted skirts. Crazy pattern mixing, lots of layering, granny glasses.

9:25pm: Brocade, leopard bags.