Could you describe pregnancy nausea and how it's different?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was nauseous the whole pregnancy. I think the prenatal vitamins contributed.

2. Like some of the other answers here, I agree that mine was different from food poisoning nausea. It felt a lot like nausea from motion sickness.

3. As mentioned, I think it is really different for everyone and I really envy those that did not have it at all.
    I was vomiting 6 - 8 times straight during the day at work. I go to work, vomit in the bathroom then back at my desk to do a bit of work and then back to the bathroom. I was in the bathroom so much everyone knew I was pregnant before I announced it at 12 weeks. There was no tummy pain just severe nausea initially a lot of gagging and then severe vomiting. Mine lasted from week 7 to week 15-16. It was utter hell for me and one of the reasons why I am reluctant to get pregnant again. I drank a lot of ginger tea and snacking helped a lot. It was odd but I felt fine while I am eating and then once I stopped eating I would vomit so needless to say, I was constantly eating at my desk. BTW - even though it is called "morning" sickness this is not always true. I got sick all times of the day even middle of the night.

4. Mine was so bad I nearly got hospitalized because I wouldn’t gain weight, then I gained a lot because I would eat whatever stayed in my stomach. It also lasted for 7 months, from the moment I woke up to the moment I closed my eyes. I was working and stuying at the time and had to hide it from everybody (obviously failed). But then I had a healthy pregnancy otherwise and a dream child!

5. If you get motion sickness, you are more likely to have it. I have never had any motion sickness and at most, mine was very mild. Just came in waves. It was over by 8 weeks.

6. Felt like motion sickness to me

7. I’m going through it currently....again. I was throwing up at least 4-5 times a day until week 16 or 17 - triggered by dizzyness, certain smells, certain foods, certain actions by other people, you name it. Then I was fine for a few weeks in my 2nd trimester then it started back up again when I started my 3rd trimester so I’m back to losing weight instead of gaining.

8. could eating tasteless food help you? like cracker etc?
    Some people feel better/ less sick when they eat bits

Tinn3rz likes this.
  9. Nope. I throw up cereal, crackers, etc. It’s very random and I can’t predict it.

10. I agree with everyone’s postings, that it is unique to the person and the pregnancy. I have severe GERD, Bleeding/Gastric ulcers,IBS D and severe food allergies. The nausea from my pregnancy was unlike the nausea that I was used too. I was nauseous throughout the entire 9 months and worked with a nutritionist as I could only tolerate ice cold vanilla ensure. I drank 7 bottles a day and lost almost 6O lbs during my pregnancy. I worked throughout by pregnancy- throwing up in the trash can by my desk as there was no way that I could make it to a bathroom in time. My daughter was born at 37 weeks at 6 lbs and 9 oz. via c-section. She is the love of my life and my only child....God bless everyone who gone through a pregnancy as it is the truly “the best of times/worse of times”!

Tinn3rz likes this.
  11. It lasts off and on all day long, and foods you previously loved will make you queasy. Vomiting here and there, as well as strange burps.

12. Had you ever had a really bad hangover? I'm not talking about the ones where you eat some grease in the morning and feel better. I'm talking about a REALLY BAD hangover when you might've partied till 5am and threw up multiple times, type of hangover.

Well, it feels like that PLUS being seasick for me, 24 hours a day. For 6 months. GAHHH... That was me for baby#1. Let's hope #2 isn't so bad.

13. Began to feel different smells more strongly. Moreover, the smell of good perfume could cause nausea. Habitual food has ceased to like. Even the intense coloring of clothes irritated.

14. I just feel like I constantly want to throw up mine gets worse in the evening.. Let's just say I'm up going to the restroom three times a night

15. I just feel like I constantly want to throw up mine gets worse in the evening.. Let's just say I'm up going to the restroom three times a night. The worst part is plain water and my stomach don't agree right now