Could use your help in making a decision, please.

suzi - Mo is adorable!! i'm sorry that he has to go through this, but he will get through it just fine knowing that he has a mom that loves him so much! it's always tough to watch any animals suffer because they can't express anything to us. stay strong and keep your heads up! do it for Mo!!!! let him go when you really need to...but for now let him be the happiest cat on earth!!

Thank you so much for the idea. I can't use that particular place because I'm way up north, but I'm sure there is something like that near me. I'll do some research tomorrow.

Mo jumped off the couch and his back end just kind of buckled underneath him. My DH thinks his leg was asleep, but I don't think that's it at all. Have you guys ever heard of that? I wonder what's causing it. Ughh...

Thanks Bagangel, Boxermom, and KittyKat. He is back on the big fluffy pillow I gave him now. He climbed up there and his chin was covered in milk. It looks like he's still eating!:P

Don't know what the cause is for sure Suzi but perhaps the tumour in the abdomen is pressing on something that is weakening the leg? I really feel for you but so glad that he is eating, that's a good sign!

I agree about the eating. That was how I decided when it was time to let my "chow hound" go. This dog would eat anything. When she was turning up her nose at bacon and hot dogs I knew it was time. I hope you have many more happy days to spoil him.

I''m so sorry for you and Mo. A few years ago I went through a similar situation with my 16 year old cat who had chronic kidney failure and was beyond the point of benefitting from treatment. I was very tortured about what to do, so I decided to gauge her condition by whether or not she would eat. If I could change anything about the way I handled it, I think I would have let her go a little sooner than I did. By focusing on her appetite I may not have paid enough attention to other signs. I still think using appetite as a gauge is a good idea, though. You know your pet and you will know when to take action. Like you, I didn't want to take my kitty to the vet at the end, and I was fortunate to have a vet available who came to my home. I've always been comforted by the fact that she was at least able to stay in her own little bed until the end.

You and Mo are in my thoughts.