Could this be real? Not an authenticity ?

bagcie

Feb 13, 2007
My friend's friend knows an employee from SAKS who sells Chanel and Balenciaga purses for 20% less. According to my friend, the saks employee uses her employee discount to purchase bags for them but once purchased, bags cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason. I wonder how many bags each employee is allowed to purchase each year using the employee discount. Has anyone ever bought a bag from an employee using the employee discount?

I haven't done it personally, though I'd love to. I had a friend who was friends with a Saks SA (they used to work together). She bought a LV speedy using this friend's employee discount, I think it was 30%. I know "friend of a friend" sounds a little removed, but I was there with her when she made the arrangements and witnessed the whole transaction. The whole time I was hoping one of them would offer to hook me up too, lol :smile:

i think..
its horrible if a SA buys the bag and resells is to someone for 20% less. (earning them 10% of the value of the purchase.

its not horrible if a SA let's a friend/family member use their discount.

It is not worth taking the risk. What if this so called person sold fakes? It could be done. Another thing is if there was a defect say a month later- you have no receipt or anything to get it taken care of. I also thought Saks stopped giving their employee discounts in LV and Chanel since they were outside vendors. Saks does pay attention to what the employees buy and this would raise a red flag if a SA was making multiple purchases. I would pass on this one.

I've worked in electronics and while I never did it, I had co-workers who would buy TVs with our discounts and then turn around and resell them to friends, making a $100 or so profit. At one company it was considered cheating the system and you could get fired, at my last company, it was severely frowned upon, but we had a "Friends and Family" website that our F&F could buy from under our accounts, so it wasn't unexpected. I've never traded my discount either, but if someone asked me to and I got something in exchange for it, like their discount, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I guess I see it as you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. I know companys make their profits from customers, so I'm not saying I'd offer every Tom, Dick and Harry my discount, but heck, if someone who worked at LV wanted a new TV & I wanted a new bag then I wouldn't turn it down. That's just me though. What's the difference between me getting a discounted TV for my aunt or getting it for someone I barely know? We used to have the people who worked at Oakley come over to our store ALL the time and give us their discount (75% off!!!) for sunnies and we'd help them out with discounts, or when we took products off display, we'd hold whatever it was that they wanted for them. Worked well for us!