could someone fill me in?

Yorelica

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I haven't been into the H stores for a while and now I suddenly decided to have the urge to get a ostrich bearn wallet...but I called 5 stores (Canada and USA) and found none....

Is there something happening to the birds that I am unaware of? If so, someone please fill me in!

Thanks!! :smile:

Yorelica I have to tell you one thing about my ostrich bearn wallet. I love it to pieces (it's fuchsia) and have used it almost exclusively for over three years. There is one "eye" that always peels off a bit where it goes through the metal slot for closing/opening. I always go back to the Hermes boutique to have a craftsperson glue it back on, and they always do it for me on the spot. But I've had to go back so many times (and it seems to happen more often) that I've gotten a little tired of it.

Yorelica I have to tell you one thing about my ostrich bearn wallet. I love it to pieces (it's fuchsia) and have used it almost exclusively for over three years. There is one "eye" that always peels off a bit where it goes through the metal slot for closing/opening. I always go back to the Hermes boutique to have a craftsperson glue it back on, and they always do it for me on the spot. But I've had to go back so many times (and it seems to happen more often) that I've gotten a little tired of it.

Hi Tamarind. Nice to see an familiar name :smile: I can totally imagine that peeling, just like my chevre bearn(the strap that goes through the metal slot are always moving around/edges get so flappy~ more than I like!) But beauty has a price doesn't it. :graucho:

So do you always catch the eye and keep it? I wonder what would happen if the eyes gone and you can't find it?

Hi Tamarind. Nice to see an familiar name :smile: I can totally imagine that peeling, just like my chevre bearn(the strap that goes through the metal slot are always moving around/edges get so flappy~ more than I like!) But beauty has a price doesn't it. :graucho:

So do you always catch the eye and keep it? I wonder what would happen if the eyes gone and you can't find it?

I always get it glued just when it starts to peel about 1/4 of the way through. I don't want to lose it. (Though I must admit there were times I thought it might be less trouble if I would just lose it.)

Beauty definitely has a price -- I love my wallet and it's still so beautiful after all these years. Other than this particular spot on the wallet, everything has held up really well with only one spa visit.

I have an ostrich bearn and have other ostrich pieces. it seems random. my wallet is well used and not one little follicle has raised however--i had a bag some time ago that some crazy ones..........