Could it be my urban decay eyeshadow making my eyes water? Or something else?

For years now I've had very watery eyes. If it's windy, a/c directly on my face, my eyes will go red, sore and water until I can barely take it [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]. Puffy red stinging eyes and I look like I've been crying for days. Lately I was thinking maybe it was allergy related as it tends to be mostly in the early morning and evening and sometimes when the lawns have just been done. But I'm not sure. All I know is that it always happens when I'm wearing more makeup and 90% of the time at night.

This of course makes my makeup turn into a horrid mess and I've been trying to figure out what causes it and what I can do to stop it.

I wear a primer for foundation and eyes. I've tried many different ones and no change. Same with foundation. Tried lots, eyes still water.

I wear makeup every day and during the day most of the time it's ok. In fact Lately it hasn't affected me much at all. At night it's a different story. I wear a bit more makeup and I'm rushing to the bathroom to check the damage and reapply as it looks hideous [emoji20]

I'm wondering if it's eyeshadow getting in my eyes? Lately during the day I've been wearing Chanel d'ombres illusions Creme shadow and I'm not sure if that helps but my eyes haven't watered. I did wear it last night, but also a fair amount of UD naked palette and I was in agony. I even put in allergy drops which I thought might help, but no change.

I seriously don't know what else it could be aside from eyeshadow in my eyes. Anyone else had this and been able to fix? I wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara and of course nars eye primer underneath.

I love my makeup and I certainly don't want to go without [emoji15] but I'm also sick of the pain and being embarrassed about my makeup coming off and continuously looking like I'm having a complete nervous breakdown and like I've been crying for like 3 weeks straight.

Help?!? Is it eyeshadow? Something else? What can I do to save my eyes and my makeup?!?!

I don't want to presume to know what exactly is causing your problem but I can share my own experience. For the last few years I noticed every time I wore powdered eye shadow my eyelids would become irritated and so wet that my eye makeup would either disappear or become a blotchy mess. Like you, the UD naked palettes were especially bad. I couldn't even wear mascara because it would make the mess worse. I did a lot of online research and found out this problem is pretty common. For many, including me, it's an allergic reaction to the eye shadow. I found a lot of women recommended eye shadow pencils instead of powdered shadow. So I tried Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick and have had significantly less reaction. I wear a primer underneath it as well. I was really disappointed about having to throw out all of my beautiful powder eye shadow palettes. And there aren't near as many color choices with the sticks. But at least now my shadow remains in place and I don't spend all evening dabbing at my eyes with a Kleenex. Hope this helps. Good luck.[emoji4]

I've noticed a similar reactoin with UD mascara. I had to be put on restasis and another eye drop for allergies. I hate it because UD mascara works the best for me lately. It must be something in their ingredients.

Damn, hate to say it (or like others, assume what the issue is) but I also found that the UD naked palette just did not do well with my eyes. Can't say I experience irritation when I wear eyeshadow normally, but it's the only one that gave me a burning sensation on my eye-lids and made my eyes water :sad: wasn't game enough to try it again after that.

Thanks ladies! I ended up trying by terry cream shadows but returned them. The Milky Way colour was terrible and patchy. The misty stone (think it was called) was just ok but VERY sparkly. Could have been the lighter colour being so terrible but I returned both. They aged me so much!! [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30].

Anyway, today I got the Bobbi brown ones in truffle and bark. Hoping to have more luck with these!

I think it is the urban decay ES. I have the chanel cream shadows and a Chanel powder in a vanilla colour and neither make my eyes react.

So hopefully this will work heaps better

Hey,
You might want to try, non-toxic makeup, you can also look up the ingredients in your makeup on http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ or download an app called thinkdirtyapp.
*A couple years ago I found out I was allergic to all my makeup and had to throw it all out.
I have included a video that may help you a bit more.