Could I wear a coat for the weather to a wedding?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
MIDWEST-USA
I am going to a wedding this weekend and I don't know why this is so hard for me to figure out, but it is!

It's going to be in the mid to upper 40's, probably hitting 50 degrees tomorrow and there will be wind and rain. I have a strapless dress and a 3/4th sleeved shrug to wear over it.

My mother and a couple other people said oh no you don't wear a regular coat!

But am I going to look like a mad woman without a coat or do you just have to brave the weather going in/out of the church and going in/out of the following party?

I have a long wool coat but will I then make myself underdressed? My mother swears I shouldn't wear a regular coat but I'm not sure!

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
nyc
With the weather you described I doubt you will be the only one wearing a coat!! Just take it off once you get inside.

May 29, 2008
Yeah, I would definitely wear a coat and take it off inside! Since you have a long wool coat, that should look totally fine..it's not like you're planning to wear a northface or something over your dress lol.

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
Yes, wear a coat. No one is going to look at you as though you've committed a fashion "don't" for wearing a coat.