Could anyone rec me a skincare regime? TIA

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have skin that very very easily breaks out. I'm 25 year olds and the last ten years I've tried numerous products (high end and low) in the moisturising & cleaning section, but haven't found a product yet that doesn't break me out ...
    Lately I just use nothing, I'm not breaking out for the moment, but I think using absolutely nothing can't be good for skin either ...

What would be your suggestions?

TIA

2. I love the Clinique 3-step products. I use the liquid soap (although I have also used the bar version) the Clarifying Lotion 2 and their yellow moisturizer (the gel version as I have oily skin). I swear Clinique is the only thing that works for me...I have switched to more expensive products and less expensive and I keep coming back to Clinique.

3. Have you considered one of the Dermologica cleansers? I have used Dermologica all my life and my beautician swears that it is the best for all kinds of skin. I wouldn't budge from the brand and neither would my teenage daughter. Maybe worth checking out?

4. I've used a lot of higher end stuff too, but I always go back to Neutrogena and Oil of Olay. I use the Oil of Olay cleansing cloths followed by Neutrogena pore refining cleanser, then I use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin lotion. I've used a lot of Clinique and Estee Lauder stuff and I found them too harsh. The last time I used the Clinique 3-step kit I remember the Clarifying lotion took off my nail polish.

I suggest going to makeupalley.com. They have tons of reviews on every skincare product, and I never buy anything without looking it up there first.

5. I've also used lots of products (high end and drugstore brands) and my acne-prone face always breaks out. Have you tried any home remedies? They're very natural and good for your skin. I'd recommend starting out with the honey and aspirin mask. I haven't heard any bad reviews on it yet. My face is getting much smoother and my pimples are clearing out. Here's a tutorial:

http://www.xanga.com/RiceBunny/567728185/aspirin--beautiful-skin.html

6. thank you girls for all the tips

7. I would skip any product with benzoyl peroxide and it is very drying and lots of people experience a reaction to it -- it is too much for occasional breakout.

I was experiencing occasional breakouts and Neutrogena now -- I would try Neutrogena products with salicylic acid. it is not drying and it really works. It is gentle enough for everyday use and will keep breakouts away.

They have an acne stress control line
    1. Cetaphil Cleanser- Neutrogena Scrub
    2. Clear Pore Oil Eliminating Astringent with salicylic acid
    3. Acne Stress control hydrating lotion
    Option 2
    Neutrogena healthy skin line with salicylic acid
    1. Cetaphil Cleanser
    2. Clear Pore Oil Eliminating Astringent
    3. Anti blemish/anti wrinkle cream (my favorite).
    Check out www.Neutrogena.com

Sunscreen is a must.

8. AMORE PACIFIC.

I am 31 and found this line on tpf after trying everything known to man. I have always had problematic skin with acne and redness in my cheeks (but not rosacea). After using the routine for a month, my skin looks almost make-up optional. It is fabulous stuff. I don't know whats in it, but with results like this I don't care.

It is horribly expensive, but the bottles are huge and a little goes a LONG way so in the end, I don't think it is much more than any other high-end line.

Go to a counter in Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf and get samples to try because everyone's skin is different.

This stuff is my hg. I haven't changed diet, water intake or anything, yet this stuff is working!

9. I love Keihls. They're products are so lovely and gentle. You should definitely check them out.

10. The Murad line is great and they have these vitamins that help with the prevention of breakouts too. They sell it at Sephora or Nordstroms.

11. LL, I'm so glad you like it! Another vote for Amore Pacific.

It contains green tea extracts and botanicals. I don't know how they do it but it absorbs so readily into my skin and isn't irritating at all. I swear by it also. And I've tried everything lo and high end.

I've gotten to know a great rep for AP (she isn't an SA and isn't pushy). She can give you great recommendations for your skin type. PM me if you want her number. She is so knowledgeable about their line.