Could anyone provide any details on this Chanel brooch please?

Chloewang0

Aug 24, 2019
Hi there, I'm new here, so my apologies if I'm posting incorrectly or breaking any rules! Please let me know if that is the case!

I have a brooch thats been sitting in storage with the belongings of a deceased family member. I have tried to search the internet to try and find any information on this piece but its almost impossible to see it online except for in an old auction sold in dollars. I'm in the UK and the relative was from France.

The piece is a Chanel brooch that we think is 24 karat gold plated, and could possibly be from the 80's given that she died in the 90s. While there is a chance that it belonged to another relative and was put with her things later on by mistake, I dont think its likely that this is newer than the mid 90s.
Does anyone have any information on the model, or do you perhaps remember seeing this somewhere?

Any information would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpg
    IMG_3635.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 63
Disclaimer: I know nothing about Chanel. However from the style of the chain in the brooch I would guess late '80s. 1987-1988 thereabouts. Just a hunch. Gold chains in that style were popular then.