Could a guy get away with this bag?

It all depends on the look you're going for, IMO. I think that the Work size is awesome for guys if you're looking at the more "traditional" b-bag shape as it looks like a very modern twist on a briefcase or duffle. A City might be a bit small. Totally personal opinion! I do think that darkr is better for guys..

i think it would!

i thought the smallest size id ever go was a work, but today i was in neiman while my sister went into vickys to play around with bra's, i was playing around with twiggys, and i actually really liked the way it looked with my outfit (the twiggy is REALLY long, so it reminded me of carrying a small duffle bag, especially with the shoulder strap!).

even though it's a womens bag, the less flaming a man dresses, the more he can pull of the smaller moto bags, IMO. id still count the box and first out of the question though!

have been measuring my other bags in my collection and I do think that the city is too small. I think I am going to stick with getting what I wanted which was either:

eBay: AUTHENTIC BALENCIAGA PRE-FALL 06 TRUFFLE WORK BAG (item 110071683769 end time Jan-02-07 16:23:12 PST)

OR

eBay: BNWT Balenciaga Weekender bag in Camel F/W 2006 (item 270073044435 end time Jan-02-07 17:45:39 PST)

Ultimately I think that the Weekender is what I will get since its big and has a bit of heft to it.

By the way -- any feedback on if y'all think the above two bags are real?

Thanks for feeding my BBag urges!

If I were you, I would go to some store near you (if you are in the Bay area, there are quite a few) and test them out first and see what size works for you and then come back to ebay. JMHO.

If I remember -- NM carries the line....does Saks?

But that is an excellent idea.....I will go tomorrow. However, I have been in a "man purse" buying frenxy. Gucci tote, LV Epi Keepall and potentially this -- if I keep this up, I am going to have to start selling body parts or offering adult-oriented services in the parking garage in Union Square :graucho: