Costco wants to take over all aspects of the market...

oh dear....I clicked on this and it took my right back to my daddys unexpected death....we had to pick one of those damn things out and I just wanted to crawl in it instead of him....it took my right back to the most devasting day of my life.

Sunshine said:
oh dear....I clicked on this and it took my right back to my daddys unexpected death....we had to pick one of those damn things out and I just wanted to crawl in it instead of him....it took my right back to the most devasting day of my life.

Sorry, I realyl didn't mean to bring up bad feelings at all :worried:

:lol: The overnight shipping had me in stitches.

I won't be using one of these pretty boxes when I make the final journey.
I going out in flames,cremation :biggrin: .I've already pre-paid for my services,as prices will continue to skyrocket.
I don't want to lie around in a pretty box in some cold funeral home viewing room surrounded by overly expensive flowers that are going to shrivel up and die.
I know my friends and family loved me and I refuse to add to their heartache by having them subjected to viewing a lifeless body for days on end.

Death is only a breath away for everyone of us ,no matter what our age.

If I had my way I'd have the crematory play the song, Burn Baby Burn during the actual process of my cremation.

If I had to take my last journey in a box it would have to be this one :biggrin: .
I'm by no means making light of death,I just don't find it morbid as it's all part of the journey.

Interestingly, in my state, even those who are creamated are required to buy a coffin. It too is incincerated. Of course, most who choose this route, buy the least expensive available. When I looked into this five years ago, the lowest cost I could find was $800.

coco-nut said:
Interestingly, in my state, even those who are creamated are required to buy a coffin. It too is incincerated. Of course, most who choose this route, buy the least expensive available. When I looked into this five years ago, the lowest cost I could find was $800.

My state requires a cremation coffin as well.A cheap one is the way to go unless you're trying to impress the dead :lol: .They can range in price from $400.00 on up.
I came into this world with nothing and I can't take my financial portfolio ,diamonds,or any other earthly things with me,so I could never justify wasting a bundle on something to burn up.:smile:

I'm not sure! Maybe so the human cremains are contained in one spot and don't blow around in the oven? Perhaps so the incinerator operator doesn't come in contact with the corpse? I was shocked when I found out they were required.

spiralsnowman said:
I'm confused, why do they require you to buy a coffin for cremation? Isn't that a waste (of wood, too)?

I find it a wasteful expense but it's required by law in most states.Many funeral homes will try and convince you to purchase an expensive casket for cremation but that's just a tactic to pad their own pockets.

A year ago they shut down some funeral homes after discovering they were involved in recycling cremation caskets.
The funeral homes were selling expensive caskets ,they would transport the deceased bodies to the crematory and have the deceased placed in thickly constructed cardboard boxes for the cremation process.
The pretty & expensive caskets would then be delivered right back to the funeral home where they would sanitize and resold :mad: .

You can purchase these for as little as $75 buck.

Cat said:
A year ago they shut down some funeral homes after discovering they were involved in recycling cremation caskets.
The funeral homes were selling expensive caskets ,they would transport the deceased bodies to the crematory and have the deceased placed in thickly constructed cardboard boxes for the cremation process.
The pretty & expensive caskets would then be delivered right back to the funeral home where they would sanitize and resold :mad: .

that's terrible! i'm glad they got found out. :amazed:

I think I'd get the cheapest possible too.... since I'd be dead by then when sleeping in it and thereafter burnt to ashes....:smile:

well....there are less and less pieces of land available for burial in my country these days.