Costco carries Burberry now?!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know what to comment, but I'm shocked to see Costco carrying Burberry handbags now:

Costco Handbags, Wallets & Luggage=

I had a very bad personal experience with Costco on handbags before. And if you want to take a chance, please be aware that they state clearly that they are NOT authorized dealers of such merchandise. I personally take such statement as 'No authenticity guranteed'. The only good thing is that they have some very reliable return policy.:s

2. Whoa. Kind of cool. That sounds a little sketch though.

3. I saw a Louis Vuitton eclipse at the Costco in Raliegh. It was significantly cheaper than in the LV store.

4. Really.... I've seen Coach and Fendi at my local Costco before. I agree, that authenticity is likely not guaranteed so shop with caution.

5. Whoa! They have the nice ones, too, like the Cinda. But what about all the whole Balenciaga thing? I want one, though.

6. Yay! They have Kipling- my secret love :shame:

7. i have seen prada at costoc once, so i am not surprise if it carries other brand. then again, i am not sure of its authenticity.

8. Costco gets things in spurts - sort of like a TJ Maxx. I heard after Hurricane Katrina, when the stores were flooded, Neiman Marcus sold all of its non-damaged stock to Costcos, so you could find some really high-price designer bags there for about a week. They also sometimes buy bags from stores going out of business or after a fire (for example.) So while I don't usually walk in and find something, once in a while they'll have a whole bunch of something.

9. My Sams Club has Prada, Burberry, D&B and Coach. They look authentic but I never closely looked at them.

Compulsivepurse - Do you mean Saks? NM doesn't have a store on the gulf coast. I wish they did!!

10. Maybe it was Saks. I was going by what a store employee told me. They could have been mixed up.

11. Buying designer bags from Sam's Club? I would never trust them (ie, Spy bags and hey look at their business practices!) At Costco, I know for a fact the stuff they sell are not fake. I remember the fiasco with the BBags and the buyer immediately contacted ALL the stores and pulled them from their website. My costco carries, maxx bags, prada, some $9,000 bag designer (have no idea!) but they do not carry THOUSANDS of them. They have 1 on display and a handful in the back that you have to get a pickup slip for. Meaning, if they carried fakes, they would easily carry thousands of them.
    TOday I saw some cute pair of Kate Spade sunglasses for $47! going back tomorrow!
    Monica

12. I'm pretty sure they are authentic at costco, i did hear that sam's club was selling fakes a couple years back. Costco is the #2 Diamond seller in the country behind Tiffany's too FYI :smile:

13. I think this like coach at target, they get them from the grey market.

14. I'm a bit suprised, but the prices look good compared to full retail.

15. I'm not so sure about their authenticity on handbags because I had some personal bad experience ordering from costco.com. Basically it's like: the bag's authenticity is doubtful and it does not match the description on their website (they stated 'Made in Italy' but actually there is a tag inside saying 'Made in China'). I brought it to the local store and pointed it out to them, and requested them to take action. And they would not promise ANY action, even no follow-up on the issue; and stated they 'support their vendors' and 'stand behind their products'. All they would do was doing a return for me, which I could simply get without kindly informing them that their products might need their attention. So, :shrugs: I didn't want to elaborate because I don't want to bring unnecessary trouble to the forum. But, anyway, this is the story.

However, Costco always has good prices and outstanding return policies. It might be worth taking a chance - if it's not as you expected you can return it, and the shipping will be refunded too.