Cost to replace the crystal on a Carter watch?

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I have my eye on a vintage Cartier Tank watch. Does anyone know the approximate cost to replace the crystal on a Cartier watch? I'm sure prices vary depending upon the watch, but if anyone could give me a ballpark figure I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Last edited:

MBeech

memento mori
O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
It should cost around 150. I had to replace the crystal on my Rolex, and it cost 150, I can't imagine that the Cartier would cost much more.

daisybear

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
The price is $295 if my memory is correct. I just got mine replaced on a Tank Francaise earlier this year. I would call Cartier to verify. Owning one of these watches can be expensive as I had to get the crown replaced and servicing done all at the same time and I think all of that was around $1K.

lazarus86

Dec 3, 2010
It really depends. How vintage is it? Modern upscale watches use sapphire crystals. But old watches use an acrylic which is, thankfully cheaper.
The good thing is, sometimes acrylic scratches can be buffed out, if it's not too bad. Sapphire is very hard to scratch but can't be buffed out, as far as I know.

Find out what kind of crystal it is first.