cost of lvs

It is coated canvas with leather handles..... It is a timeless design and impeccable craftsmanship.

LV isn't for everyone though.

EDIT: Let us not forget.. Some of the most beautiful works of art are on canvas =)

It is coated canvas with leather handles..... It is a timeless design and impeccable craftsmanship.

LV isn't for everyone though.

EDIT: Let us not forget.. Some of the most beautiful works of art are on canvas =)

"Some of the most beautiful works of art are on cavas." SO TRUE... I love what you said Scarlett! :biggrin: GET THE SPEEDY... haha. Once you get one LV, you won't be able to stop!

You're paying for more than the materials. I will definitely admit, that like any luxury house, Louis Vuitton has a healthy markup. However, if you truly examine the work that goes into the iconic Speedy, you'll begin to see why it is so expensive.

The end product, is in itself, worth more than the sum of it's parts! :tup:

Just wondering what the material of a lv speedy is? Is it just canvas? I cant believe the bag is six hundred dollars if it is just canvas. Please enlighten me.

I know what you mean. I used to feel the same way. I also didn't realize until I started coming here that I was seeing a lot of fakes IRL. That is another reason why I thought the bag was no big deal! Hang out here for a while and you will have a whole new appreciation for the bag!

These people have me lusting over the exotic watercolor speedy!!!!!! :love:

The canvas IS so heavy it almost seems as substantial as leather!! I agree the workmanship is amazing. I bought my first- the awesome white MC Speddy in March and now have THREE!!! So don't buy on unless you want to be addicted...LOL. The linings are great too. The only complaint I can think of is the vachetta handles require some TLC, but know that going in and it's not a big deal.

well *IF* it were leather, would it REALLY be all the more "worth" it???

I don't think so. Same is true for canvas, ie, it's equally NOT worth it imo. And yet... what exactly IS worth it then in this world? I think happiness is worth everything. If you don't like canvas or can't get pass the idea that it's "canvas" then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to get it. Buy something that you LOVE. I'm not the type of person to persuade another if they don't like to do something. So go out and get something in leather if that makes you happy. Thus you need not be enlightened, everyone has their preferences.

I know how you feel... I was the same way years ago when my friend took me to the LV Boutique for the first time and I saw the prices. I honestly thought she was out of her mind. Now it's another story... I absolutely LVoe the LVs and everything about them... quality, craftsmanship, durability, design, etc. I look at it this way... Some people go on expensive vacations, have luxury homes, cars, jewelry, or all of the above... You buy what you like, because you like it... I think if you purchased one LV, you'd be addicted... like the rest of us.
;)

I love this comment! :tup:

You're paying for more than the materials. I will definitely admit, that like any luxury house, Louis Vuitton has a healthy markup. However, if you truly examine the work that goes into the iconic Speedy, you'll begin to see why it is so expensive.

The end product, is in itself, worth more than the sum of it's parts! :tup:

Beautifully Said!!!!

If you have any good ideas of the style, design, material and then make the bags from material....
The own factory, many employees and nice stores at nice places...
It's still not enough...the company have to think "how to sell them".

I hope you understand why some things are so expensive!

If I made a nice bag like speedy....I donno how long take...
I don't wanna sell it only $600 - $700!!

Everything has a meaning:heart: