cosmetic tattooing

I never really liked the idea of cosmetic tattooing. It just seems like the kind of thing a person could just get so sick of after a while. I have seen a few girls who tatooed their lips, so that they could have a permenant lip liners.

I always question whether they are okay with staying with the same look over and over again. It just seems to hold you back from trying a variety of other colors, shades, products if you already have it done.

Not to mention if it wasn't done properly, or in a way that just doesn't suit your face... ahh!

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think it is something that I would like done to myself. I like the idea of being able to explore with products.

I work for a deramtologist and I can't tell you the number of older ladies who come in who have had their eyebrows tattooed on years ago and now they are a lovely shade of blue....
Don't do it! The color actually fades/ changes over the years and looks extremely unnatural. We actually have a laser that removes tattoos and permanent make-up, and those poor women who have it done (who then decide they no longer want it) endure painful laser treatments along their lips and eyelids which forms scabs that stay for a week. It takes a number of treatments to remove.
Is it really that hard to apply make-up every day?

I work for a deramtologist and I can't tell you the number of older ladies who come in who have had their eyebrows tattooed on years ago and now they are a lovely shade of blue....

:wtf: Um, but it might match their blue-tinted hair?! (sorry, had to go there).

I don't recommend it either. I have a colleague that had her eyebrows done in a shade of brown, but it's not natural looking - it's only a slight bit better than the penciled in brow lines.

I would rather spend the time to apply makeup right so that it looks more natural KWIM? Plus, I prefer darker, richer colors in fall and lighter colors during the summer, or just mascara.

i guess u would have to keep on top of it..u know get them retouched..i met a girl who did this and she said you have to get them touched up every few years..she had her lips done and they looked incredible...they do fade though after a few years

for old ladies they have no eyebrows alot of times so rather than have to pencil them in daily they get them tattooed..also when they get hot their penciled in ones would melt..so for them tattooed ones are beneficial but like anything u have to throughly research for the best practionier & even then u never know...

I've known/met quite a few girls/women with it. Its not for me, I think it looks terrible. All of the permanent lipliner I've seen is too dark and looks old fashioned. The eyebrows look drawn on. As far as the eyeliner, it looks ok. But I agree with others, is giving up the short time it takes to apply eyemakeup worth such a permanent risk?

i had my eyebrows and eyeliner (top and bottom) done almost ten years ago now and they've pretty much faded to nothing. when they were visible, however, i loved it! my brows are naturally very fair so the brown ink helped with the shape. getting the eyeliner done HURT LIKE HELL but it was worth it because my aesthetician made it a very fine line and used very good ink. several years later you can still slightly see it but it has faded to a lighter grey and looks more like when you fill in your lash line with pencil than a tattoo. i would probably not do it again, just because i'm terrified of the pain, but i definitely don't regret it.

I had my brows done because I had breast cancer and they fell out during chemo and didn't grow back right. When they were first done they were too dark, and then they faded to just right. I need to get them redone, because they are too light right now.

I've had my upper and lower lids lined, too. I love it. The line is thin and I can leave it be or put another color on top.

I used to babysit for a woman back in middle school who did her lips, eyeliner and eyebrows. She looked good with it, but, I thought it was really dumb. She said she was doing it because as a single mom, she didn't have the time to deal with make-up, but, she didn't even work!!! She lived off her ex-husbands alimony! She loved to buy stupid frivolous things, she wasted sooo much money and I really thought that this was not worth the pain, or her laziness. And I def. would not do it! I like to change my make-up depending on my mood and would hate to be stuck in one color for the next couple of years!

Don't do it! The color actually fades/ changes over the years and looks extremely unnatural. We actually have a laser that removes tattoos and permanent make-up, and those poor women who have it done (who then decide they no longer want it) endure painful laser treatments along their lips and eyelids which forms scabs that stay for a week. It takes a number of treatments to remove.
Is it really that hard to apply make-up every day?

ohhh god I know what you mean. During the 90's it was 'in' to get a beauty mark / mole tattooed on the face a la cindy crawford and now you can see a bunch of 40 year old women who are walking around with blue dots on their face. get it lasered off already! LOL

I never really liked the idea of cosmetic tattooing. It just seems like the kind of thing a person could just get so sick of after a while. I have seen a few girls who tatooed their lips, so that they could have a permenant lip liners.

I always question whether they are okay with staying with the same look over and over again. It just seems to hold you back from trying a variety of other colors, shades, products if you already have it done.

Not to mention if it wasn't done properly, or in a way that just doesn't suit your face... ahh!

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think it is something that I would like done to myself. I like the idea of being able to explore with products.
I agree, I would never get it.