Cosmetic purse ideas please?!

impatien

Jul 20, 2009
Hi - my friend turns 30 this weekend and has asked me for a designer leather cosmetic purse. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Thistle

O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
The library
Ignes has come out with a cute, inexpensive cosmetic bag recently! You can pick your leather! Coach and LeSportSac come to mind as well.

impatien

Jul 20, 2009
On price range i don't really have one as i've never bought one before. Will go fairly expensive - up to around $300?

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Does she like labels? I use a Louis Vuitton one that has worked out great!
Since it is embossed canvas, it can take the beating of being tossed in my bags when I am on the go.

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
prada...i prefer their nylon ones since makeup can get messy and u can't really wash leather, but i think they may make leather ones too. gucci might make some leather ones as well.

smiles1003

O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
I don't know how "designer" you would consider kate spade, but I have had a few of her makeup bags. They hold up extremely well. The lining is easy to clean and the outside always looks good as new!

Mar 13, 2009
Rebecca Minkoff has little coin purses that can be used as makeup pouches. They're at least $65 each.

LunaBoston.com

Louis Vuitton has some makeup cases for $285 (damier/monogram canvas). They also have them in Vernis (but only available through the Boutique, maybe?), but I'm unsure of the price range right now since the last increase. I believe they're more than $300 though.

And Coach Op Art Cosmetic Pouch for $88 (Coach.com; there may be more, but you might need to visit the Boutique for more selection)

Last edited: