Cosmetic pouch mono,damier or vernis

allison yap

Mar 17, 2008
I'm in love with the vernis cosmetic pouch but do you think mono or damier pouch would be better for practical purposes.Opinion please. Thank you.

Bengt

Jul 2, 2008
Bikini Bottom
I suggest get the Mono or Damier coz they're safer than the Vernis.

Tip #5 from this Taking Care guide says that "Keep your Monogram Vernis bag or accessory away from grease and make-up because the patent leather will absorb it that would cause damage."

Disclaimer: The link I posted above is for reference purpose only. Promotion not intended.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2006
I wouldn't get vernis personally. It's very pretty, but for durability (thrown around in your purses) and if you want it to last a really long time, I would pick either mono or damier. I love mono small accessories, so that would be my choice. I like the "half-moon" one.

puccaandgarufan

puccaandgarufan
Sep 15, 2007
Australia
I would recommend gettting the Damier Ebony one! Im in love with this fabric because it's so durable - perfect for your makeup and throwing around in your bag. :smile:

shoegirl1975

My baby is 3!
Oct 2, 2006
USA
I have a Damier and a Vernis one! I've had the Vernis since June, so not very long. I rotate between the 2 bags. My vernis doesn't have any scratches. Also, I actually put my make up in a sandwich baggie and then into the make up bag.

Mono or Damier is more practical, but the Vernis is so beautiful! :drool:

Good Luck which ever one you decided upon just wanted to toss the sandwich baggie idea out there!

jinshil

Jun 24, 2006
I love the vernis pouch, getting mine in the mail today! I think it's more versatile than the damier and monogram 'cuz you can also use it as a cute clutch.

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
If you are actually going to use the pouch as a cosmetic bag, I'd get the mono or damier.
Vernis is beautiful, but I'd be worried about the make-up.

mikatee

May 25, 2008
I prefer the Monogram! It is classy and is more durable than the Vernis, like said above. ^

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Here & There
I actually have both.....and I love both.
I particularly like the damier because of that beautiful red lining that pops out at you when you open her up, but of course the mono is really elegant and understand as well.
I think that if I had to pick, I'd go with the damier though.
No vernis. I used to be longing longing for a vernis piece....I don't know. Maybe I'm just fickle, but the line doesn't interest me as much anymore.....:shrugs: