Cosmetic Pouch Experiences/Opinions?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm thinking of getting a cosmetic pouch in DE but before I decide I'd love to hear from any of you who have them - do they stand up well? Does the interior get dirty, or is it easy to wipe off? I'd just love to know if the quality and functionality are good enough to justify the money, and if I could really feel "safe" putting makeup in it ;) Thank you!

2. Love, love, love mine! It's about 6 or 7 years old and still looks great. I highly recommend!

3. I have both sizes in DE. If you are only getting one, go for the GM. More bang for the buck. I like the red interior with DE.

I'm not sloppy with my makeup so mine doesn't even get dirty. I do makeup at home, only touch carry touch up stuff in my case. I've seen people people use a quart size ziplock to line it to keep it clean.

4. I have GM's in MONO and DE, I love mine!

5. As much as I love her, I had to return her twice.

I purchased a preloved from 2005 and the red lining had fraying, TPF's say it was normal for the older cosmetic pouches.

I then decided to purchase a new one, but couldn't stand the concavity the top has where it was empty.

As far as the durability, I think it's made very well with good martial. The red lining should be very easy to clean. I love how it looks and adore it, but it's just one of those "not for me".

Good luck

6. I want a Vernis Monogram Cosmetic Pouch in Pomme D'Amore but I'm concerned that my makeup fingers will ruin it. Anyone have a Vernis Pouch that's resisting their messy makeup and skin care?

7. I hv the de GM and it stands fine. If you fill it too much towards the top, the zipper wrinkles/gets wavy.

8. I love mine. I have the small one in mono. I just got it a few weeks ago and honestly it's one of the best purchases from LV that I've made. It's just so pretty. I remember the first time I saw them I thought it was way to small and thought about getting the GM but the GM for me was to big to carry In my purse everyday. I'm so happy I got the small one. It fits my daily touch up needs and more. The DE is very pretty with the red inside. I actually purchased it in DE first because I love the red interior but exchanged it after a few days. I just love the look of the mono. Just looks so classic to me. I am very careful to not get it dirty though. Good luck! Here are pics of what I carry in mine. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393591580.438012.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393591615.157768.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393591656.233539.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393591670.873046.jpg

9. I have a pomme vernis cosmetic that I bought pre-owned in new condition. I have been using it now for about 4 months and it still looks brand, spanking new! I love it and looks amazing inside my mono artsy and DE bag. Highly recommend!!!

10. I have a pm in pomme that I've used every day for about 1.5 months and a mono gm and I love both, but the pm definitely gets more use as I find the gm large for my bags. They are wonderful and hold up well. DE is fab and I adore the red interior.

As for putting make up in it - the mono has cream interior and is easy to wipe clean and is still spotless. I was worried about my vernis because the care booklet says 'keep away from cosmetics'!! Haha I freaked when I read that because I thought.. Well where do I put them then? But this one is fine also :smile: however, I keep my cosmetics inside a clear plastic bag inside my cosmetic bags. I hate even the slightest bit of mascara/ powder etc going anywhere!

11. #12 Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    LV cosmetic cases are the best. They are so useful and helpful in organizing your bags. Highly recommend them! I own two gm sizes and one in pm. PM's are most useful in my opinion. Looking forward to get a vernis version very soon.

12. I have one in DE that I use every day for the last 4 years. No issues at all and still looks as good as the day I bought it.

13. I have a White Multicolore Cosmetic with this fantastic pink interior. I've carried it in almost every handbag since the day I got it. Actually, I do not put make up in it. Just those little items that roll around in the bottom of your bag like chapstick & stuff. :lol:

I am just a bit careful so that the MC doesn't get scratched. Otherwise, this is one LV item that gets used every day in almost every bag. I highly recommend them. :yes:

BTW I've had it for about 2 years.

14. Thank you all so much for your very helpful responses!!! This thread cinched it for me - I picked up a small cosmetic pouch in DE today :biggrin: