Cosmetic Dentist Recommendation for Teeth Whitening

andkenfly

Live, Love, Laugh
Aug 9, 2009
I'm tired of using the trays and at home teeth whitening products and would like to go to have a dentist professional whiten my teeth before I start my new job.

Does anyone recommend a dentist in the Los Angeles area that will do a fantastic job? Is bleaching my only option (I think it's called Zoom?) or is laser whitening different than bleaching? If you have picture to show of the before/after that would be much appreciated, too!

:heart: Thanks!

Have you tried Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects? That really works! Also, the best time to whiten is after a dental cleaning by your dentist/hygienist. I live in the NYC area so I don't know. But hope that helps.

I did Zoom bleaching in NYC. Quick, but if you're expecting "TV personality" teeth, you'll be disappointed. I lightened up all the way to the lightest shade of the natural range (B1) and it wasn't blindingly white by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not a fan of unnecessary caps, so am content to leave them as they are.

As long as you have realistic expectations, it's definitely worth it.

if u have the money, i would recommend the best treatment available right now:
the KoR Deep Bleach Whitening.

It's expensive but its worth it. There's a list of dentists on their website.

I did Zoom bleaching in NYC. Quick, but if you're expecting "TV personality" teeth, you'll be disappointed. I lightened up all the way to the lightest shade of the natural range (B1) and it wasn't blindingly white by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not a fan of unnecessary caps, so am content to leave them as they are.

As long as you have realistic expectations, it's definitely worth it.

yea agree. teeth whitening basically is removing stains and getting you close to your natural color and the "tv white" is likely due to veneers or caps on the movie stars teeth

A regular in office whitening will get you just as white as zoom, b/c the zoom light doesn't do anything but make your teeth *look* whiter right afterwards b/c your teeth are dehydrated.

most office whitenings will give you a high % of bleaching in office then send you home with take home trays anyway for maximum lightening. Still a good idea but just know that unless you do the trays afterwards you won't get your lightest.

with KOR, you do a super high powered in office lightening *after* 2 weeks of trays, so if you don't want to mess with trays, KOR won't be for you. Good if you have deeeep staining, (like Tetracyline staining), but you say you've done trays in the past, if trays gave you the results you want, you won't need KOR anyway.

So zoom or any in office will give you a nice boost but will only get you so far but might as well do one anyway then follow up with trays for however long you feel like doing so.

I would like to know more about this. My teeth are super sensitive and I cannot seem to get them white but whitish. I hear they have some kind of Zoom whitening for sensitive teeth now, anyone hear or try this?

I would like to know more about this. My teeth are super sensitive and I cannot seem to get them white but whitish. I hear they have some kind of Zoom whitening for sensitive teeth now, anyone hear or try this?
I have the same issue. I have sensitive teeth, and I don't want to do anything that would harm the long-term health of my teeth. What are the healthiest methods for whitening sensitive teeth?