Cosmetic Cases

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
Before the price increase I'd like to pick up a cosmetic case...but I'm nervous the pomme or azur won't hold up quite like the ebene or mono...can anyone help!! I'm nervous to have the vernis (I'd get pomme) or azur in one of my prada bags with black liner...should I just play it safe and stick with ebene or mono??

Thanks!!!

enyalis

Mar 1, 2012
Before the price increase I'd like to pick up a cosmetic case...but I'm nervous the pomme or azur won't hold up quite like the ebene or mono...can anyone help!! I'm nervous to have the vernis (I'd get pomme) or azur in one of my prada bags with black liner...should I just play it safe and stick with ebene or mono??

Thanks!!!
I'm actually going to pick-up the cosmetic pouch tomorrow and will most likely go with the Ebene or Monogram print for the same reasons you have listed. As gorgeous as the Vernis may be, I don't see myself owning any pieces in this print due to the high possibility of scratches on the item.

Have you considered the Epi print? I own the Epi ZCP and adore how soft and durable it is =)

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
I'm actually going to pick-up the cosmetic pouch tomorrow and will most likely go with the Ebene or Monogram print for the same reasons you have listed. As gorgeous as the Vernis may be, I don't see myself owning any pieces in this print due to the high possibility of scratches on the item.

Have you considered the Epi print? I own the Epi ZCP and adore how soft and durable it is =)
Glad I'm not alone with this issue!! I wish there was a thread about wear & tear with cosmetic cases!! I'm not a fan of the epi line, but may bite the bullet and get the pomme one :smile: I can't help it!! haha

NWGal

May 25, 2012
Oregon
I just got a pomme one and I really like it. I agree about wear/tear and color transfer but I must say I love the color and its so easy to find in my bags. Im going to enjoy it and ill see how the wear and tear goes. If it doesn't hold up ill sell it and go with a canvas one instead.

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
I just got a pomme one and I really like it. I agree about wear/tear and color transfer but I must say I love the color and its so easy to find in my bags. Im going to enjoy it and ill see how the wear and tear goes. If it doesn't hold up ill sell it and go with a canvas one instead.
You are right!! I can always sell if I end up not thinking it will work :smile: I didn't even think of that!! Can you post pictures of yours? And what you have inside?

Thanks!!

Jun 5, 2011
Portland, OR
I do not own a cosmetics case but out of my bags and SLG's IMO Vernis outlasts and outshines canvas when it comes down to wear and tear. My Vernis bag looks new and it's 10 years old and my Framboise Ludlow wallet looks new and I use them regularly and it's probably 6 or 7 years old. My canvas Josephine wallet looks horrible and its 3 years old and rarely used as do my mono Ludlow wallet. I think my canvas bags do not compare to my Vernis when it comes to wear and tear so I say go for leather and get Vernis or Epi.

MDNA

Jun 3, 2012
USA
I just got the Pomme cosmetic pouch and I love it! I would recommend that for a nice pop of color!

exelero

Dec 9, 2012
Europe
If you're gonna keep just a few lipsticks, eyeliner or a Touche Eclat, I think the Vernis is definitly more elegant... But if you'll put powders, foundation, eyeshadows and any other thing that may spill and smudge, I think the mono or the DE would be better choices!