Cosmetic Bags

beautybyte

Jun 26, 2008
My main bag is a mahogany patent large Ergo. Becasue it's so large I can easily fit any size cosmetic bag in it and am looking to purhcase one. i also have a gift card from Macy's that I can use for it. My problem is they have the large Tatersall at my local store, but they have the legacy stripe on line. I would prefer the legacy but the store isn't able to help me with shipping-it costs $15 to ship this little one! Should I go for the Tatersall? Does anyone have this one? I think I still prefer the legacy for both the shape and the colors.

If you're talking about the cloth Tattersall from last year I wouldn't go with it....gets much dirtier. I think the Legacy stripe is prettier...go with that one. If you're talking about the new coated canvas Tattersall -- that's an even better choice because it can stay clean easily.

I would go for the coated tattersal. I have the coated heritage stripe and love it. The problem with the Legacy is the fabric will snag SO much inside your bag. I would fear that it would not stay nice for very long.

Macy's shipping is outrageous! Definitely avoid having to pay that if you can - al the more reason to go for the tattersal!

Definitely get the tattersall if it's the coated canvas version. It's ridiculous that they would charge you shipping to get the legacy stripe from another store.

i've got a few, the variety is nice.

Attachments

• P5111142.JPG
    P5111142.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 47
  • P5111143.JPG
    P5111143.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 56
  • P5111144.JPG
    P5111144.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P5111145.JPG
    P5111145.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 63
  • P5111146.JPG
    P5111146.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 49
I have to say while I love that Legacy stripe one, I won't get it because it will just get destroyed in my bag - I keep everything in bags and no makeup, food, etc. is ever loose in my nice bags, but my makeup bag still get's dirty - even my sig Ergo one is grubby - it cleans up a bit, but not all that well - I say get the coated one - I got one of the Heritage Stripe coated ones from the outlets and like it - I have a LAMB Cheetah that's coated too and it holds up well. I wish they make a coated Legacy Stripe!

^^^
Ooh, coated Legacy stripe would be amazing!

I have a brown sig stripe cosmetic bag and I love it. I've had it for 2 years and it looks good as new. I guess I'm exceptionally tidy with my cosmetics because I've never had to clean it or anything :thinking:

I bought a navy leather coach makeup bag many years ago, it's perfect! Still so supple, it has aged beautifully.

If your heart is set on the legacy though I'd go for the legacy.

Macy's offer's free shipping every once in a while or maybe you can get the gal at the counter to get it in for you without paying shipping. Most experienced sales associates should have some tricks up their sleeves. With sales being down right now the retail stores are bending over backwards for their customers, atleast that has been my experience. Another thought is to call your order in and try to get the free shipping.

I found this free shipping code, I hope it helps.

Free shipping with $125 purchase: SHIPSAVE Expires 9/1/08

I just bought the new Legacy Stripe beauty case with my PCE and I love it!

In the interest of keeping the inside of it clean, I bought a cheapie clear cosmetic case to use as a "liner" which I leave unzipped for easy access.

Normally I probably would not have bought such an extravagant make up bag but I justified it since I have to use a(n UGLY) clear bag for work so at least my new beautiful make up bag dresses it up and makes it less horrible...

Thanks for all of the replies-I ended up with a great solution, I think and happy that i mad ehtis choice especially with the fabric snagging, etc.

Anyway, somehow the Zoe capacity wristlet is chesnut patent made it home with me-and I did line it with a plastic liner to keep her insides clean.

This is my third post about htis new baby-can you tell I'm excited?

Another reason i think it's a good choice besides being so beautiful is that Ii can use it as a clutch-nice size and so pretty!

Thanks agian for all of your replies!