Corsets - can they be worn in public?

I bought this lovely AP corset:
View attachment 2022232
is it possible to some how wear this in public? maybe with a blazer? or will it always look inappropriate?

wow what a question, I think if you teamed it will a long black skirt it moght work, but really depends on what the corset is like which I cannot tell from the picture and where you were thinking to wear it.
Reminded me I have a lovely AP corset in my wardrobe, but couldn't wear that outside the bedroom!

Last edited:
A blouse under it would work well. I've worn a long sleeve fishnet/mesh top under them as well, or a long sleeve leotard. It can go over a plain dress also, I like doing that with a dress with sleeves and a flared/tulip type skirt. Something with sheer sleeves can work also.

putting a simple blouse underneth is great for public wear, plus keeps you a bit warm. beautiful corset though!
that's a good idea, i do have a semi sheer white equipment blouse.

wow what a question, I think if you teamed it will a long black skirt it moght work, but really depends on what the corset is like which I cannot tell from the picture and where you were thinking to wear it.
Reminded me I have a lovely AP corset in my wardrobe, but couldn't wear that outside the bedroom!
it's like a nude material underneath a black flowery lace overly. i was thinking a dark wash jean with a black blazer might work. maybe i'll post pics with that and a blouse underneath and see if you all think it would look appropriate.

that's a good idea, i do have a semi sheer white equipment blouse.

it's like a nude material underneath a black flowery lace overly. i was thinking a dark wash jean with a black blazer might work. maybe i'll post pics with that and a blouse underneath and see if you all think it would look appropriate.

That sounds like a great combo.

I think it's absolutely fine for night wear! Even with a highwaisted skirt and a blazer. Also, instead of a blouse under, you can always wear a semi sheer blouse over it so the corset peaks through. But i think this all depends on the setting and age group.

I have a few corsets, tight-lacing ones. The ones that are just waist cinchers can go to dinner very nicely over a jersey dress, very dramatic, and the ones that cover the bust are great with a pair of jeans - that's a bit casual though but if you threw a blazer over it, it could be a racier day look. only thing is...corsets can be limited to comfort time wearing them. they take some getting used to. if i haven't worn one for a while, i plan on not wearing it for more than 3-4 hours.