Corsets - can they be worn in public?

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
I bought this lovely AP corset:
Screen shot 2013-01-14 at 4.49.48 PM.png
is it possible to some how wear this in public? maybe with a blazer? or will it always look inappropriate?

Kayapo97

O.G.
May 24, 2009
England
I bought this lovely AP corset:
View attachment 2022232
is it possible to some how wear this in public? maybe with a blazer? or will it always look inappropriate?
wow what a question, I think if you teamed it will a long black skirt it moght work, but really depends on what the corset is like which I cannot tell from the picture and where you were thinking to wear it.
Reminded me I have a lovely AP corset in my wardrobe, but couldn't wear that outside the bedroom!

Last edited:

LadySapphire

Bazinga!
Jun 18, 2012
UK
putting a simple blouse underneth is great for public wear, plus keeps you a bit warm. beautiful corset though!

PlaneGGirl

O.G.
Jul 9, 2010
A stable life
A blouse under it would work well. I've worn a long sleeve fishnet/mesh top under them as well, or a long sleeve leotard. It can go over a plain dress also, I like doing that with a dress with sleeves and a flared/tulip type skirt. Something with sheer sleeves can work also.

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
putting a simple blouse underneth is great for public wear, plus keeps you a bit warm. beautiful corset though!
that's a good idea, i do have a semi sheer white equipment blouse.

wow what a question, I think if you teamed it will a long black skirt it moght work, but really depends on what the corset is like which I cannot tell from the picture and where you were thinking to wear it.
Reminded me I have a lovely AP corset in my wardrobe, but couldn't wear that outside the bedroom!
it's like a nude material underneath a black flowery lace overly. i was thinking a dark wash jean with a black blazer might work. maybe i'll post pics with that and a blouse underneath and see if you all think it would look appropriate.

Kayapo97

O.G.
May 24, 2009
England
that's a good idea, i do have a semi sheer white equipment blouse.

it's like a nude material underneath a black flowery lace overly. i was thinking a dark wash jean with a black blazer might work. maybe i'll post pics with that and a blouse underneath and see if you all think it would look appropriate.
That sounds like a great combo.

tamburger

Feb 22, 2011
CA
I think it's absolutely fine for night wear! Even with a highwaisted skirt and a blazer. Also, instead of a blouse under, you can always wear a semi sheer blouse over it so the corset peaks through. But i think this all depends on the setting and age group.

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
NYC
I've worn corsets with just jeans. But this was to a bar/club setting

chloe speaks

scootering!
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
NYC
I have a few corsets, tight-lacing ones. The ones that are just waist cinchers can go to dinner very nicely over a jersey dress, very dramatic, and the ones that cover the bust are great with a pair of jeans - that's a bit casual though but if you threw a blazer over it, it could be a racier day look. only thing is...corsets can be limited to comfort time wearing them. they take some getting used to. if i haven't worn one for a while, i plan on not wearing it for more than 3-4 hours.