Correct Etiquette Responding to Fake Bag Postings?

BagLady14

O.G.
Dec 15, 2005
I've seen some posters put photos up of their new LV's which are obviously replicas. So far, I just didn't respond at all, especially when it's a gift. I mean, what is the right thing to do? Do you let them know in a nice way? That doesn't seem to go over well. I certainly wouldn't compliment the bag, but do you think they should be informed if it seems they aren't aware? Is it helping? -or bursting their bubble?

I don't think it's appropriate in the public forum to burst their bubble about their new bag that they think is real. I would PM them first and hopefully let them say that they found out that the bag is real by another pfer and ask for a consensus if the bag is real.

I know what you are saying and I honestly think that some people have no idea that the bag might be a replica. I agree with elongreach that PMing this person would be the way to go.:smile:

I posted this yesterday....send a PM first. PNL'ing (pointing and laughing) and saying oh "I was just kidding" is rude just and uncalled for in my opinion

seahorseinstripes said:
yes, i agree too with elongreach.
we are ladies who like bags, but we are not *****y or snob.

:yes: I would be horrified to be called out in public if I was innocent or ignorant to the fact I was posting a fake. I think PM's are the way to go, unless of course the poster is a repeat offender.

Agree with all of the above. I have no doubt that they are unaware their bags are fake. Before I came on here I may even of brought a fake off ebay (not of purpose of course LOL!). Now I won't even go near ebay!

This site is an education in itself - I love it!

^^^ yeah same here.. i mean.. maybe they know its fake.. but pointing it out might cause negative response.. so everytime YOU would post a picture, they'll say its fake too.. IMO

I think they should know, #1 so they never try to resell it and get in trouble or #2 because they should know that we know it's fake if they are trying to get away with something.

But I do think PMs are the way to go.