CORRECT EPI DIAGONAL DIRECTION

retired611

O.G.
Apr 29, 2012
Regarding a Louis Vuitton wallet from the 2015 collection Blue Azteque Zippy Wallet. I've seen photos of this wallet and on some the diagonal Epi grain goes from top left to bottom right and on some, it's the opposite. Wouldn't LV make them consistently the same? Please see pictures attached. Does the direction of the grain indicate authenticity?

Attachments

• wallet1.jpg
    wallet1.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 162
  • wallet2.jpg
    wallet2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 161
Regarding a Louis Vuitton wallet from the 2015 collection Blue Azteque Zippy Wallet. I've seen photos of this wallet and on some the diagonal Epi grain goes from top left to bottom right and on some, it's the opposite. Wouldn't LV make them consistently the same? Please see pictures attached. Does the direction of the grain indicate authenticity?
Are you asking for authenticity of the wallet? You’ll need to post the request in the authentication thread with the required information..

Are you asking for authenticity of the wallet? You’ll need to post the request in the authentication thread with the required information..
No I'm not asking for authentication; just asking which direction the epi grain should run on a wallet like this. Or can the direction be either way? I want to know WHAT to look for when buying this and what the opinion is on the 2 different grain directions pictured. LV has always been so precise with its bags; the fact that I'm seeing this wallet pictured with the blue/white grain direction going two different ways is curious to me. Hoping someone who purchased this wallet from an actual LV store can shed some light on this. Thank you.