Corporate Headshot Makeup

Loren8443

Nov 26, 2010
I just found out that on Tuesday I will be getting professional photos taken for my job. Any suggestions on the makeup? I did recently buy new foundation (Revlon Photo-Ready and Revlon Color Stay) and was hoping to experiment tomorrow to see how each looks. I do normally wear makeup but I know some looks just don't look as nice on camera.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

I think I read somewhere that Revlon Photo Ready actually doesn't photograph well. Anything with SPF in it will give you a white cast on your face in flash photography.

Tracy-
Thanks for the tips and the link to your website.

I was also wondering if I should wear eyeliner ALL the way around my eyes? I usually only do the top because the bottom looks kinda harsh on me normally. I have light blonde hair and green eyes and my skin is slightly tanned.

I just checked my Revlon Color Stay foundation bottle and it also has SPF..... Do you know of any drug store brands that don't have SPF?

You're welcome! That's not my site, btw :smile:
I agree w/ i:heart:handbags about the liner. At the very least wear it on top to make your lashed look thicker.
I found some other sites when I googled "makeup for flash photography" one site had conflicting reviews of Photo Ready but said Color Stay is good.

I was in a wedding recently as a bridesmaid and we had to do our own makeup, so I experimented with photo-friendly products.

No products with SPF
Primer is suggested
Foundation applied a little more than your everyday amount...*make sure to blend into hairline and under chin*
Conceal, conceal, conceal
Powder to lightly set and remove shine
Evian spray or any other setting spray

Avoid too-shimmery eyeshadow
Avoid too-shimmery highlight shades...a matte highlight under the brow is a must (MAC Blanc Type).
Taupey-brown matte shadow look with a defined crease would be professional
Define brows with a brow pencil, then brush slightly to soften the look (brows tend to look washed out in photos I find)
Liner on top lashline (I used L'oreal Lineur Intense felt tip), smudged light brown pencil liner on bottom lashline
Mascara as usual

Matte blush applied a little heavier than usual (NARS Amour)
Matte (maybe little sheen) lipsticks look best in photos...try dusty rose tones

hay, I had to do my sister's makeup for her wedding and this is how I managed:

1.Laura mercier primer
2. Corrector on all areas needed
3. Makeup for ever HD foundation (photographs well)
4. MUFE camouflage pallette for green, orange and concealing
5. YSL touche eclat for under eye brightening
6 .MAC studio finish face powder on t-zone
7.For eyes I left it natural and as she normally wears it. Neutral colours with black winged eyeliner.
8. for lips a rosy colour to ensure lips dont look flat and boring.

I would say it is important to have a clean flawless face and for eyes wear like you would normally so no surprises and also you might not feel comfortable. Use lots of highlighters and you should be ok

I suffered through corporate headshots this year as well.... Ugh. I basically replicated a Bobbi brown type look as they are polished but not overdone. I also avoided products with SPF that day. Overall I shouldn't have worried so much, all the images were photoshopped anyway, which is probably the norm now with professional shots.

Great ideas! I also heard/read somewhere that the MUFE HD powder does not work for flash photography...is that true? Shows up white-ish.

I did not know that spf should not be used for photography...that's great advice as I am likely going to be getting some headshots done too.