Corner Wear on Coated Canvas Tote?

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
I was at the outlet this weekend and someone returned a coated canvas cross-body (varsity stripe one). There was corner wear on all four corners (down to the white part underneath). They let the individual that returned it, get a store credit due to the damage.

Please let me know, if anyone has experienced corner wear with any of the canvas totes from the outlet.

I have a couple of totes from the pac-man collection and want to know, if I need to baby them.

Thanks!

I was at the outlet this weekend and someone returned a coated canvas cross-body (varsity stripe one). There was corner wear on all four corners (down to the white part underneath). They let the individual that returned it, get a store credit due to the damage.

Please let me know, if anyone has experienced corner wear with any of the canvas totes from the outlet.

I have a couple of totes from the pac-man collection and want to know, if I need to baby them.

Thanks!

I have one of the Pac-Man totes from the day it released and I've been using it everyday as a work tote. I am not easy on this particular bag at all. It gets stuffed in the floorboard behind the driver's seat, rubbed up against the textured walls of my office when I have to pass someone going the opposite direction, and it gets moved by my office guests who would rather sit in the seat my bag is occupying.

That said, the corner wear doesn't bother me at all. To me it's very small. I bought this bag to be a workhorse instead of a show-horse.

IMAG4583_1.jpg

Reactions: kiss_p
I have one of the Pac-Man totes from the day it released and I've been using it everyday as a work tote. I am not easy on this particular bag at all. It gets stuffed in the floorboard behind the driver's seat, rubbed up against the textured walls of my office when I have to pass someone going the opposite direction, and it gets moved by my office guests who would rather sit in the seat my bag is occupying.

That said, the corner wear doesn't bother me at all. To me it's very small. I bought this bag to be a workhorse instead of a show-horse.

View attachment 3716679
Thank you for your response and the picture! The corner wear doesn't look bad at all. I do plan to just use it and enjoy it! :flowers:

Reactions: Tygriss
I don't have the Pac Man tote, but I do have a coated canvas in a floral print from two Springs ago, and it has held up well! I will say the crossgrain has been more disconcerting to me than the coated canvas. I have a pencil case in the crossgrain and every single corner shows the white from underneath :noworry:

I don't have the Pac Man tote, but I do have a coated canvas in a floral print from two Springs ago, and it has held up well! I will say the crossgrain has been more disconcerting to me than the coated canvas. I have a pencil case in the crossgrain and every single corner shows the white from underneath :noworry:
That's great to hear about the coated canvas tote! :flowers: Sorry to hear about the crossgrain, though.

Yes, the crossgrain is not a quality product. My coated canvas Baseman tote has been used quite a bit and I don't see any corner wear yet and I'm not careful with it at all. I bought it as a 'thrash-around' tote bag and it's wearing very well!

Reactions: kiss_p and Tygriss
Yes, the crossgrain is not a quality product. My coated canvas Baseman tote has been used quite a bit and I don't see any corner wear yet and I'm not careful with it at all. I bought it as a 'thrash-around' tote bag and it's wearing very well!
Thank you for the feedback! :flowers: