Corneille Dilemma!

Phanatical

O.G.
Mar 7, 2010
Hi everyone! I am new to posting in the CL thread. I have a bit of a dilemma and I was thinking that this would be the perfect place to ask for input.

In December 2012 I visited the Madison Avenue boutique and bought my first pair, the black patent Corneille 100 in a size 38. I am normally a size 8 shoe. In the store they felt wonderful! I had no issues walking in them and they didn't hurt me at all. I snapped them up right away and fell in love.

The first time I wore them, oh did they hurt! I figured it was because they were new, and just brushed it off. However, every subsequent wear, they are crippling to me. I wore them to Atlantic City, did nothing but sit to eat dinner, and was barely able to walk out to the car after! Now, I have had feet issues (broken/fractured metatarsals), so that definitely could be a factor, but I don't experience this pain in any of my other heels. I also have crazy issues walking outside in them, to the point where I am afraid I will fall (this never happened in any other pair of shoes I've ever owned). I've worn/owned much higher heels and have never encountered these issues.

Some friends have suggested I may have bought the wrong size? I tried on a few pairs and this had felt the best, but now I'm thinking that may be the case. I've tried to stretch them but with no luck. It isn't even the toe box that gives me issues, it's more the balls of my feet and the arches.

What would you do? Keep them and suffer? Part with them and put that money toward a new pair? I feel guilty when I see them in my closet, because I don't want them to just collect dust and I am a little sentimental since they were my first pair, but they are just sitting there because I cringe when I see them! I am planning on getting the black leather Daffs in September and this all has me very nervous...I don't want to make the same mistake twice (unless it really is just my body/sensitivity/inability to walk right)!

That's annoying! The Corneille is one of the only pairs of Louboutins that I take TTS because of the wider toebox so I doubt it's the size. The Corneille has a thin heel, thinner than many other styles like the Pigalle and Simple Pump, so I wonder if that's causing the problem. Maybe a heel cushion (gel?) would help?

Gosh what a pity. I have some Ron Ron's that are the same for me - I have finally reached the conclusion they are too small. Like my foot is having to arch too much if that makes any sense. Do you think that might be the issue?

That's annoying! The Corneille is one of the only pairs of Louboutins that I take TTS because of the wider toebox so I doubt it's the size. The Corneille has a thin heel, thinner than many other styles like the Pigalle and Simple Pump, so I wonder if that's causing the problem. Maybe a heel cushion (gel?) would help?
Agree, I have them in size 8 and my true to size US is 7.5 and they are absolute perfect. Sorry to hear your delima but if it is not working out for you I suggest you sell them and used the funds for a more Love pair of Loubie.

Thank you all for your input! I think it really is my arch - it feels unstable and I think that is what is giving me issues with walking as well as pain. I've decided to look at the Bianca as well, since I think I really need a platform for comfort and stability. I am so torn on selling them because they were my first pair and I have a silly sentimental feeling!