Coral Pendants and Earrings

I thought I remembered hearing that Tiffany's was not selling real coral anymore because certain types are endangered. They will be selling their coral shaped jewelry though. I'm not sure which type you are looking for. Their gold coral jewelry is sooo beautiful!

I thought I remembered hearing that Tiffany's was not selling real coral anymore because certain types are endangered. They will be selling their coral shaped jewelry though. I'm not sure which type you are looking for. Their gold coral jewelry is sooo beautiful!

That makes sense now that you mention it. Years ago coral jewelry (the pink or red coral, anyway) was available everywhere and now it's impossible to find.

I had seen a Van Cleef and Arpel Alhambra necklace with a coral motif, and the SA told me they were discontinuing the use of coral. It must be b/c it's endangered. I could kick myself for not buying it at the time.:sad:

I'd try Overstock.com- in the Worldstock section in particular. That stuff is usually made by small places or handmade in other countries. I've seen some coral things on there, but most in silver, I think.

What about some local boutiques/gift shops? I tend to see that sort of thing in those places. Maybe an estate/antique jeweler/store w/ a jewelry section too? I've come across coral pieces in those places before.